Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Randomly Crashing / Rollback?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Haven't had any issues at all with VDJ8 running on Windows 10 in a year and then all of the sudden when running VDJ the computer will completely lock up and display 2 white screens on both monitors which are connected to 2 separate video cards in the PC. I can confirm that the problem is definitely with VDJ as the PC runs fine while powered on and left on without running VDJ.

Also, without even using VDJ and just having it opened as a reference point for most played it crashed as well. This requires a hard reboot of the PC. The only recent changes were the last 2 updates were applied. Even worse now is that when clicking on it to open I get these white blank screens and VDJ doesn't even open.

My questions are this. Has anyone seen this behavior with VDJ8? Is there a way to rollback to a previous version within VDJ8 and if so how?

Thanks

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 2:56 pm
I have found where to download previous builds of VDJ. However, is there a way to rollback to that version without completely losing the database, Playlists, tracks that have been analyzed, etc.?

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 4:26 pm
Just install over the top.

Sounds more like a Windows or Graphic Drivers issue. Have you recently updated your graphics card drivers or installed a Windows 10 update that could have screwed things up?

Definitely not a VDJ issue as no-one else seems to have reported it.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 4:28 pm
Thanks! I kind of figured that might be the case but wanted to be sure.

The last Windows update was on 10/18 and everything has been fine up until the last 2 updates to VDJ. It could possibly be the second video card as it has some age on it, but then again the computer runs absolutely perfect without VDJ running. It is only when opening VDJ that it crashes immediately or shortly thereafter. Nonetheless I will rollback and see what that does and if that isn't the fix I'll be looking at a new video card.

Thanks again :-)

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)