Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ support for Numark Pro 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LesDriveControlleristMember since 2017
Recently upgraded from Numark IDJ3 to a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3.
The IDJ came with the VDJ install CD and I liked the software and the interface. Now, the Pro 3 is supported by Serato Intro which is so basic, I`m surprised it even lists the songs I have on my Hard Drive.... Anyway, I have downloaded and installed the VDJ 8.2 to take it for a "spin" and I love it. Now, I have red that people ran into problems using VDJ with Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 since Serato is the one supporting the hardware... or the hardware is made to support Serato... My VDJ time trial will expire in a couple of weeks and I want to buy the license to use it but will I be able to properly use the software without running in various issues like " invalid license code " or issues mapping Pro 3?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 1:30 am
LES2900 wrote :
Recently upgraded from Numark IDJ3 to a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3.
The IDJ came with the VDJ install CD and I liked the software and the interface. Now, the Pro 3 is supported by Serato Intro which is so basic, I`m surprised it even lists the songs I have on my Hard Drive.... Anyway, I have downloaded and installed the VDJ 8.2 to take it for a "spin" and I love it. Now, I have red that people ran into problems using VDJ with Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 since Serato is the one supporting the hardware... or the hardware is made to support Serato... My VDJ time trial will expire in a couple of weeks and I want to buy the license to use it but will I be able to properly use the software without running in various issues like " invalid license code " or issues mapping Pro 3?

The Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is natively supported, and will work with VDJ just as fine as it works with Serato
Here is the VDJ manual for it:
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/mixtrackpro3/index.html

For it to run after the trial period, you'll need either a pro license or a controller specific license (which is cheaper)
The pro license can either be the infinity version where you pay once, or a monthly subscription:
http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 6:11 am
LesDriveControlleristMember since 2017
OK... now that I purchased the license for a selected controller, not sure where I can find the license. After I logged in to VDJ, I clicked on "My Licenses" but I`m not sure that what I`m seeing there is my actual license... it says: VirtualDJ 8 Home PLUS License for followed by letters and numbers. I assume that would be the license???....

Now, 2nd question... I have already downloaded VDJ 8 a while back to see how it runs. I opened Settings > Licenses and now I`m not sure where do I enter the license number, which BTW is not that I thought would be...

Or maybe the VDJ gets "unlocked" remotely as soon as I paid for the license?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 4:18 am
Jakov94Home userMember since 2018
Greeting
I downloaded the latest version of Virtual DJ and when I want to hear the sound through the headset to switch the song, it just does not give me a sound. Additionally, when I press the headphone amplifier, Virtual DJ enhances the speakers.
I have a Mixtrack Pro 3 controller and he has been on the Serato DJ Intro program for excellent, but I would like to stay on Virtual DJ for easy equalization of song speed and mixer display

I do not know what's going on, and soon I should go with my friends to play. I do not know how with Serato to do a party, and Traktor does not read the controller, so the Traktor has gone off at the beginning.

I would ask for help on the headset
Thank You

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 12:27 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 12:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Things to look at :

- Make sure your Audio Setup in VirtualDJ is set as .. Master : Mixtrack Chans 1,2 and Headphones : Mixtrack Chans 3,4

- The Headphones CUE/MIX knob is at minimum 0% (CUE) position

- If Mixtrack is selected as default playback device from your OS, try to set your computer's built-in as default (while Mixtrack is connected to USB)

- From Windows Sound Control panel, set the Mixtrack to Quadrophonic (4 speakers) mode

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 1:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)