Forum: Music discussion

Talk about music, playlists, cloudlist and more here
Topic: Auto MP3 file renaming - HELP!!
Hi Guys,

Going thru my MP3s today I noticed that some albums that I have ripped from CD I have not got either the artist name. This is a obviously an issue because when I search for songs by an artist even though I have the track in the library it doesn't return in a search.

Is there some magical software that will analyse an MP3 collection and pull the correct details from the internet and then rename them accordingly?

I like my tracks labelled as follows:

Track Name - Artist Name.mp3

Or have I gotta get all my old CD's out the loft and re-rip them this time taking care to do it properly!??

Many thanks

Phil

Posted Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 12:32 pm
AFAIK MediaMonkey allows for auto-tagging. MusicBee (my choice for local music DB management) also has auto-tagging but it didn't work well enough for me (though my music library is very messy and thus hard to tag).

Basically any application that advertises auto-tagging should get you in the right direction.

EDIT: If the artist is always in the filename, use mp3tag and use a filter to extract the artist name information and write it to the artist ID3 tag. This is probably a lot easier, quicker and more effective.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 1:43 am