Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stuttering video in latest update - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It seems to happen on particular videos rather just at random times which is different to the previous issues in the thread. It seems to only be happening with Vob and not Mp4, but only on some vobs not every one.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 11:08 pm
Right - just got home and tried again - same issue. Tried DXVA off/on - no change. One Vob video in particular stutters so badly its virtually stopped.

Rolled back to version 4204 - ALL WORKING

There is a huge bug with Vob/Mpeg2 in the latest early access build.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 2:53 am
Can anyone from tech support comment on this new issue?

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 11:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Confirmed, some interlaced videos will not play at full framerate.
This will be fixed shortly in a new update.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:42 pm
Thanks Adion...

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:43 pm
BUILD 4276 (2018-04-23) seems still have problems on some vob files.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 10:58 am
Will try and test later - are your issues gone if you revert back to the 4204 build?

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 11:08 am
I posted this sample video before and was never quite fixed but it is worse then ever now. It will start to freeze about 50 seconds in or just seek to about midway thru and it will start to freeze up. You should keep and test this sample always before announcing something is fixed. Interlaced and audio offset. b4276 and previous 'fixed' builds.

You should already have this sample but here it is again.

http://www.tellyvisuals.com/anoha_0.zip

Let me know when you have it (again) so I can remove it from server.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 4:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I have it, but it's not failing for me.
Worst I can get is that it seeks a second or so ahead, so have to wait a second for it to catch up.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:34 pm
It completely stalls here and easily... Beat on it for awhile especially with seeking and try multiple decks... Maybe some settings might be in play? even so it should not be happening... I will see if it can be narrowed down some but this video has been a problem before... It used to be stalled at the end and not going back to begiinning position when done playing. Check that on your end as well but it does seem to go back to start now except it can stall all the way thru... For me, start playing from beginning and then just seek to about middle and it is every time and does not occur with b4204. It started with b4251 I believe and continues thru b4276. With b4204 it does not stall but when it is at end it does not go back to start and probably because of audio offset which starts before video. It works properly in every other player I tried.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 6:49 pm
I am a video DJ and don't have a stalling problem, so have just been watching this thread. I tried your sample just now, and it played fine all the way through, so I went to get a camera and record. The second time I played, the audio played fine but the video froze completely. Since I am just a DJ, and have limited computer skills, I have a few questions.

1. What is special about this video, and why does it have to be the benchmark for VDJ?

2. If it is the benchmark, which video DJ services supplies this type of video?

3. Where did this video come from? I get videos from everywhere, Russia, Albania, Bollywood, you name it. Crappy videos from wedding, corporate, and birthday clients and have never had a freeze like this.

4. Can you provide us with a couple of videos from reputable video DJ companies, that a video DJ might actual use, with this freezing issue? Just supply a link, I will buy the video myself if I don't have it.

I am glad that I used my backup computer for this, and will not install any other videos unless I know the source.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 7:49 pm
It is pointless to answer your questions Mike since you are not a developer. Any video can be an indication of problems and these problems need to be addressed. There is nothing wrong with the video itself and is just an indication of a problem with VDJ and no other player. When I was doing the video code, I went out and found videos that were either horrible or had other peculiar things about them. Normal videos tend to take care of themselves but there are a lot of variances with videos and developers should be aware of this. There is nothing out of the ordinary with this video though and all in sync with what is allowed. The questions should be why are you fighting with this kind of thing 3 years after the fact. It is simple and straight forward on how it should be handled. Also I point out this video since it is so easy and does not mean that I don't have other perfect videos that also have problems in VDJ. Are you saying that videos should play fine in previous older versions and not in the new versions?

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 8:03 pm
The problem occurred for me on Friday with about 80% of my Vob files. I'm assuming the ones that were OK were progressive ones rather than deinterlaced. My MP4 files from SmashVision and VJ Pro were fine. So I assume its a deinterlacing problem. Most of them looked like they were playing at about 15 frames per second with the audio still in sync, but one or two were very problematic and pretty much froze up (audio still playing). Went back to the previous public build and all was OK again when I tested when I got home.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 8:15 pm
Pointless? Don, I don't know who Mike is, and as I stated I am not a computer person. That's because I don't want to be. However, that should not be the issue because I still speak English an have a pretty good IQ. There are other developers on here that may benefit from your answers. I am not fighting anything because I don't have an issue. You are not a DJ, I'm sure no one has said your questions were pointless. Get off of your high horse for a minute and answer the questions.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 9:22 pm
I am not on a high horse... Seems like you think that because you don't have a problem with what you use, then no one else should have a problem either... If you only knew how easy problems are to create you have to go out and slap yourself... Get it off it man and stop being part of the dumbing down of society... I only report things because I care but that is becoming less and less... There is no need for personal insults that just come from being ignorant... Your questions are just typically of someone who does not know any better... It is mostly just a waste of time for me to report and provide samples anyway.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 9:52 pm
Personal Insults, where? If you feel it is beneath you to answer a few questions, that's OK. I would like to help the actual DJs here if possible. I am not home, pressing the same button over and over. If I see someone has an issue, I try to confirm, by trying to do the same things. I tried your sample, and am willing to try others. I have the same software as everyone else, and probably the same videos.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 11:37 pm
@Don Moir: "I am not on a high horse... "

YES, YOU ARE dude!

Your contempt to Atomix developers in your posts.(and in other threads as well) is so palpable. VDJ developers are surely not as incompetent as you are trying to portray in your rants. And implying that you are more capable than them just self-services your ego trip.

Kindly moderate your arrogance, man! (Sorry, but somebody has to call it out.)

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 1:34 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Get off of your high horse for a minute and answer the questions.

I see it as an insult from someone that is not expected to know about such things trying to act like they do. Trust me I could care less what you think of me. I am not about trying to talk up my self or any thing close to that. I don't need that. But really I don't take that as much of insult. If I was that weak I would never have lasted as a programmer. You want insults? Work with a lot of hard edged programmers... They only care about getting things right and don't care if they insult you or not... It is just rulet of thumb and most programmers are used to it and not about being mad etc. Most people who know about such things would not even waste their time here. Most things I bring up are not arguments to anyone that just knows a little... In fact it is just common sense most of the time.

It is not beneath me to answer anything and god knows I don't think I am anything special. I work hard and know some things about computers and programming. You know some things about being a DJ that I mostly never comment on. Your line of questioning is simply irrelevant and does absolutely nothing to solve any issue. This stutter issue has been going on for a long time. You apparently tested the video and rather than report similar problems you decided that you would hijack the thread with useless questions. Why useless? You don't know anything about the underlying analysis but even after admitting it you are trying to act like you know more than you do. . I don't expect you to know about such things and I surely don't expect you to act like you do. You don't expect me to know how to be a DJ and I don't try to be.

I believe it started when I reported the green issue back here.

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/220041/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/When_audio_starts_before_video_in_a_video_file__green_is_displayed_.html?search=green&page=1

I also posted the anoha_0 video in this thread. Several videos had the green issue and was just because of a bug in VDJ video processing and nothing else. The anoha_0 video also showed another VDJ bug which was never fixed. But it has changed now. Several people have reported problems with stuttering since green problem. These are common videos that are used frequently. When audio starts before or after the video is supposed to start (anoha_0), it can be a little tricky. So anoha_0 is interlaced and has an audio offset. 2 problems VDJ seems to be having problems with. I had to deal with these problems down and dirty myself so I know about them. Interlace was no problem in particular and surely had nothing to do with stuttering for me. Stuttering has to be a timing issue and I have no idea why that is a problem with VDJ. I do have an idea why but a long story... The offset audio can be a problem but it can be handled pretty easy. If it does cause a problem then it should not be stuttering but would normally be out of sync. The stutter could be a timing mis match of some sort in that particular video.

To make a long story short when there is any bug, the first thing is to reproduce. In some cases it is useful to provide sample video or audio files. I have posted several samples. Some appear to be fixed and some not. They may all still be broken. When debugging it is sometimes useful to have several samples that appear to have the same problem Sometimes a problem can show itself like it is the same thing but sometimes it can be a completely different problem.

So when I posted the anoha_0 is was just an easy one for me to reproduce a problem that appears to be similar to what others are reporting but with a little extra. Most of the videos that are having problems in only VDJ appear to be mpeg 2 (VOB) and maybe interlaced, Not sure why interlaced would be a problem for VDJ with stutter though.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 2:11 am
vdjeddie wrote :
@Don Moir: "I am not on a high horse... "

YES, YOU ARE dude!

Your contempt to Atomix developers in your posts.(and in other threads as well) is so palpable. VDJ developers are surely not as incompetent as you are trying to portray in your rants. And implying that you are more capable than them just self-services your ego trip.

Kindly moderate your arrogance, man! (Sorry, but somebody has to call it out.)

It is so funny... Believe me I want to say nice things. I have always supported VDJ and want it to succeed and I am not implying anything else. I am just stating facts. If I really wanted to report numerous problems I would but that is not appreciated. Hell don't ask me. Ask millions of others that do know and they will not be as nice as me. A lot of you are just happy to be part of the dumbing down of society. It is a sad fact. You are better off I think with bad information. I usually spend a lot of time on testing before I report anything. Many of you spend no time, or report wrong information... And you think some how that makes things better? Sure don't listen. I don't care. I do always test a lot and will be as truthful and straight forward as I can be but heck the truth is not wanted here. All one can say is you don't care and don't want things to be better...

PS: If you are a programmer than get used to having a stuff skin. Programmers will usually let you know whats up and it does not matter if you might get offended. It is about getting it right. I do moderate for this group though because most of you are not used to that kind of thing. Also I am very personable in person and writing text is not easy to convey that and get the point across in a reasonable amount of time.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 2:20 am
Man! Hear yourself!

You are freaking out because of a lousy anoha_0 mpeg2 ts video format not working with VDJ!

It is consuming you, dude. It's not the end of the world! And by the way, like what "Mike (hehe!)" had said before, THIS is a DJ forum! And definitely not a software development forum.

Good night and take care of your mental health always, man!

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 2:48 am
93%