Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Question about license and karaoke set up.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fisk33Home userMember since 2011
Hello everyone. I've been using vdj for years as an amateur DJ at a campground. I'm far from a Pro and I don't get paid. I'm just a guy who's downloaded a ton of music over the years and I play songs for Saturday night dances in the summer and try to occasionally say something funny on the mic...

The owner of the campground want's to do karaoke. I've told him I don't do it, but I'd like to help and see what it takes to put it together. I'm excited to see you have the Karaoke Content available. Here are my questions: From the reading I've done, it looks like I need to upgrade to a pro version to get the video output to work. I don't use a controller and I don't charge for what I do. I'm thinking about maybe doing karaoke a few times per summer, and that will add on to the 8 to 10 times I do a regular dance. What's the least expensive route to do this? I just want to be able to send the video of the song lyrics to a monitor, I assume thru the VGA port of my laptop. I don't see anyway to do it now so I assume it will be available if I upgrade?

Thanks

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 12:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is depending when your 8 to 10 gigs are. If they are just during the summer months, a Pro subscription for $19/month would be cheaper.

If they are across the year, a pro full version for $299 would amortise in the 2nd year. (compared to a monthly subscription)

I'd say, if you can afford it and DJing is fun to you go for the pro.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 7:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't need pro for video output in vdj 8, so if you do it for free the home version should be ok.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 9:08 am
Of course you are right, but no fullscreen mode.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 12:50 pm
So does that mean the video is so small it's useless?

Right now, i have not found a way to output the video from my laptop to a monitor. If I pay for the pro version, does something change in the settings that allows me to control this? Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 12:59 pm
It is not small. You can maximize the video window, but it will still be a window, and not going to fullscreen.
Although the window borders are very very thin. 1 or 2 pixels only I guess.

To out put the video to a monitor you have to extend your desktop. On windows you can do it with WIN + P (a second monitor has to be connected of course).
The drag a video or karaoke into a deck and the video window should open. If not press CTRL + V. Now just drag the video window to the 2nd monitor and increase the size by grabbing the cornor of the window.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 1:02 pm
Pachn, thanks. I'll try that tonight

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 1:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The home version allows full-screen video as well.
The only limitation is that the VirtualDJ logo will always be there.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 5:49 pm
You don't need the pro version for the Karaoke just a projector as a second screen and a video out on your device.
I have just added my Karaoke tracks in to VDJ and although I have the logo at the bottom of the screen (only removable with the pro version which is expensive in the UK as they don't tell you about the VAT (TAX) ) but you can see the lyrics fine.
Also as a suggestion set VDJ 8 to show 4 players. 2 for audio and 2 for video.
Have fun and enjoy.

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 2:53 pm
Hi, so we want to do Karaoke at home, but I don't want to mess with creating my own words list for the songs. I tried it and while it sort of worked, it did not take the vocals out of the songs. If I buy the pro version, does it include the online karaoke? Or do I still have to pay another $19.99 a month for the karaoke on top of the paying the $19.99 for the pro version? Plus, if anyone has used it, how well does it work? Thanks.

Posted Sun 15 Dec 19 @ 3:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)