Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MCX8000 Crossover Bleed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am experiencing a bleed from the left deck after crossfading to the right deck on my Denon MCX8000. I noticed that when the crossfader is all the way to the right, it only shows as 98% on VDJ when I mouse over the crossfader on the screen. Any ideas as to if this is a midi problem and how to fix??? Tried replacing crossfader with mini innofader plus, but still bleeding. Can't seem to get VDJ8 to recognize that the fader is at 100% not 98%.

Thanks,

DJ James

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 3:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VDJ reads whatever the hardware sends. So appears that instead of the proper 7F Midi data, the crossfader sends a lower value at its right edge.
Either you need to send the unit for repair (my advice), or define you own custom crossfader curve http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Crossfader%20Curve.html using something like 0.98 for the end instead of 1.0

You could also try to assign the Crossfader as ..
param_multiply 1.02 & crossfader
instead of crossfader.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 11:27 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
This seems to be an ongoing issue with the xfader on Denon controllers. I used to own the MC3000 and it had the same issue you are describing. A buddy of mine had the same issue with the 3000.

Some DJs have replaced the stock fader with an inofader and have said that solves the issue.

My current main controller, the mc6000mk2 had acted up on occasion but not consistently. I use compressed air to blow out the fader and that seems to help short of replacing the fader.

In short, the issue isn't with VDJ. See video of my mc3000 having the issue. The video is 4 years old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uULTUXeSsDA

Posted Fri 22 Sep 17 @ 12:49 am
I had the same issue I have denon mc8000 right on top of the faders there is a button that says L thru R assign the corresponding faders to l thru r and it will fix it thats how I solved mine but do not use thru

Posted Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 12:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)