Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Platinum Dj Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all I'm new to this but I have to pick everyone's brains out here, I just purchased this and I'm not using serato cause in my opinion I hate it ! So I just bought the Virtual DJ pro license on virtual dj 8 will this give me access to the Mixtrack Platinum skins and give me access to Spotify? And how can I re-name my songs on virtual dj cause I've changed them on iTunes but it's not changing on VDJ 8

Many thanks.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 10:17 pm
Mohsin212 wrote :
I just bought the Virtual DJ pro license

No you didn't buy a license. You took out a subscription.

Mohsin212 wrote :
the Mixtrack Platinum skins

What Mixtrack Platinum skins? FYI you can use any skin with any controller. It's not necessary to have one that looks like the controller. In fact when you have a controller, it's best to use a skin which only displays stuff that isn't on the controller (song info, waveforms etc). No point having a mixer on screen when you have a real one on the controller!

Mohsin212 wrote :
give me access to Spotify

No it won't do that, because Spotify was recently removed from VDJ. Please read the posts in the forum.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 5:10 pm
oh okay I get you now , so with that subscription what does that give me access too? Cause I'm new to the subscription side so was that a good idea buying that subscription or not ?

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 7:13 pm
The subscription is the same as a full license from a usage point of view. @GroovinDJ is just being pedantic as usual. For as long as your payments are up-to-date, you will have all the benefits of a regular Pro Infinity license.

Spotify has been removed for all users.

You need to select the songs and batch > reload tags to pick up the changes made in iTunes.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 7:27 pm

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 7:27 pm
Thank you guys, you are great help!

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 7:59 pm
Only you can judge if the subscription is better for you. If you just want to mess around at home for a couple of months, and don't have the money, it may be a good choice. On the other hand, if you think that you like the software, and will be using it for awhile, do the math. The full version is only $299.00. But wait, there's more, If you order in the next 10 minutes, you will get all future updates, absolutely free.

Posted Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 2:49 am
Can anyone help me out please. I can't get the mixtrack platinum to map. I've purchased vdj license, I have a new mixtrack platinum, and vdj recognized it, but it still states (custom mapping). I've tried to unplug and replug it and tried closing and reopening vdj, but it never gives me the option to auto map it. It does not recognize it and no pop up screen opens. Please help

Posted Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 11:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 12:07 am
djdad wrote :
You are probably running a very old Build of VirtualDJ 8.
Please make sure your computer is connected to the Internet, to allow auto-update or install the latest from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Thank you. This may be the case. I'll try as soon as possible I return home and follow up with you. Thanks again

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 12:49 am
How to set the Virtual DJ to record microphone sound? Mic is plugged in the Mixtrack Platinum, but I can't hear its sound.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 9:21 pm
you need to loop back the master output of the controller to a input of you computers internal sound card and create a record on the input in the VDJ audio config.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 9:26 pm
wickedmix wrote :
you need to loop back the master output of the controller to a input of you computers internal sound card and create a record on the input in the VDJ audio config.

This is current setting. The Platinum is plugged in an Acer laptop with USB cable. What should I set? (see image)

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 9:58 pm

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 11:20 pm

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 1:23 pm
i want to run my MIXTRACK PLATINUM in VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO but without mapper pls send a mapper pls....

Posted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 11:57 am
user22397754 wrote :
i want to run my MIXTRACK PLATINUM in VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO but without mapper pls send a mapper pls....

It doesn't exists
You need to upgrade VDJ. v7 hasn't been supported for 5+ years, and no mappings have been made for v7 since 2015
You also need a license for VDJ to use it with a controller, which based on your current credentials you don't seem to have yet

Posted Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)