Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Loop Knob Not Registering

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I just bought a Pioneer DDJ-WeGo and installed it on my PC. Everything on it is registering in virtual DJ except the auto loop knob. On Deck B, the knob is able to change the loop count when turning, however pressing it does nothing. On Deck A, the auto loop know does absolutely nothing. Any ideas? I tried updating the firmware and reinstalling Virtual DJ. I'm on Virtual DJ Pro.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:26 pm
Czarcas7ic wrote :
So I just bought a Pioneer DDJ-WeGo and installed it on my PC. Everything on it is registering in virtual DJ except the auto loop knob. On Deck B, the knob is able to change the loop count when turning, however pressing it does nothing. On Deck A, the auto loop know does absolutely nothing. Any ideas? I tried updating the firmware and reinstalling Virtual DJ. I'm on Virtual DJ Pro.

You should make sure that you use the same credentials to log into the software that you use on this forum, and that it has the pro license
Right now it says home user on you license, and that won't work with a controller

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 9:11 pm
Thanks for the reply. I simply logged in via facebook, and I guess my facebook was linked to my first account when I was using the home version. I assure you I have the pro version because it says I do on the program and also the controller works minus that one function. Any other ideas?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 10:00 pm
Try going into "controllers" in settings and choose your controller on the list
When you then use a knob on your controller it should be listed on the right side of the screen
You can then determine if the midi command is coming through from the hardware to VDJ
Based on that you can determine if you should for the problem outside of VDJ (the hardware itself, usb cable, driver and so on), or if you should look at the VDJ mapping

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:16 pm
are you using the default mapper?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 11:29 pm
So when i twist the knob on the right side, it registers. When I push it, nothing. On the left side, neither a push or twist is registered...any other ideas? Thanks for the quick replies. Also yes I am using the default mapper. I dont think the controller is broken...it would be strange for it to register the turns but not the push.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:13 am

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:21 am
you should have 2 mappings for the knob

<map value="ENC_AUTO_LOOP" action="loop_double" />
<map value="BTN_AUTO_LOOP" action="loop" />

if they don't match this something is wrong .. maybe you need to update you version to the latest

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:22 am
ENC_AUTO_LOOP is set to loop_double. BTN_AUTO_LOOP and DNC_LOOP are set to loop, but neither are registering...

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:31 am
It also looks as if the browse push button doesnt work either...

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:50 am
Czarcas7ic wrote :
ENC_AUTO_LOOP is set to loop_double. BTN_AUTO_LOOP and DNC_LOOP are set to loop, but neither are registering...

Ok, so they don't register as being used in the square input field in the mapper section?
In that case I don't think the midi signals are coming through from the hardware...

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:14 am
When using Traktor DJ, the same buttons dont work. Is my device defective?

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 1:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely you have a damaged unit. In order to confirm, you can use MIDIOX , Miditrace or similar application to see if the knobs/buttons/faders send MIDI data.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 4:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)