Forum: General Discussion

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general

Forum Guidelines
If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Topic: Roland DJ-202 controller

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 9:54 pm
Yes, and I don't fully get why they brand it as entry level
Of course it doesn't have the full sequencer part, but no other controllers than the DJ-505 and DJ-808 have that

It has trim and filter on each channel
It looks like the jog-wheels are the same as the Roland-505
It looks like the pad section is a real 8-pad pad section (not just 8 buttons for other functions, that is placed so they look like a pad section, like on a lot of entry level controllers)
Only the looping doesn't have dedicated buttons, and the effect sections is a little limited with only one knob

Still, this looks more like a mid-level / semi-pro controller to me...
And at that price level I may just get one to play with :)

Posted Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 10:12 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
They're a bait to get you started with the AIRA line.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 1:36 pm
h0llw00dPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
how long until roland 202 is compatible with virtual dj

Posted 7 days ago @ 4:06 am
The company never gives a date for any controller support. They have a lot on their plates, and can't give a time. I personally never buy a controller until support is available. I just bought a DDJ-SR2, and a Numark DJ2GO2. If these companies want to lock their controllers, that's fine by me, I only buy controllers that are supported by the software of my choice. You will have to be patient, just like the rest of us.

Posted 3 days ago @ 8:58 pm
Djdad wrote ETA at the end of the month in another thread

Posted 3 days ago @ 7:19 am
Got the 202 with full serato limited edition to try out serato.. its cool but very buggy.. need to go back to VDJ. 202 is dope tho

Make this happen VDJ! Soon I hope

Posted 10 hours ago
DJ True Flex wrote :
Make this happen VDJ! Soon I hope

End of the month they say

But it looks like you are using a free home license of VDJ. That won't work with a controller

Posted 8 hours ago