Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Selecting tracks in a search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have gone through my collection of music in the browser and colour coded them as seems logical to me. I have left some white. some are yellow, some green and finally purple for the current best floor fillers.
What I would like to be able to do is type in the search bar to call up all yellow or purple. For example, into the last hour of a gig and just want the most relevant top floor fillers coloured purple. Bare in mind there is also a lot to do, lights (all manual here, DMX is to robotic)....you know how it is. I just want to short circuit some of the time searching takes.
So....is it possible?

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 9:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, you can only search within the "Search" fields. Click on the Search Options radio button next to the Search to see which ones are available.

A workaround is to create Filter Folders based on color (e.g. color=red as filter), select the Filter Folder with the needed color and then search within that Folder.
Or even better, create a Filter Folder as .. group by color and you will automatically get nested folders per color

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 12:00 am
You can also enable a column in the browser showing colour and then sort on colour. You will then get all the same colours grouped in the browser display. ;-)

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 9:36 am
Great suggestions, they work brilliantly for me! Many thanks to you both. It never ceases to amaze me the things VDj can do.....Brilliant!

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 10:38 am
Hmmmm.....Ok.....So i created a filter folder and all was well. but after I closed VDj and reopened it, the folder is no longer there. Do I have to create it every time I open VDj? I cannot see any way to save it,

Posted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 9:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you re-create and re-open VDJ, its still not there ? If not, there may be a saving issue related to write permissions at some path/folder/drive. Check the "filters" folder as well.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 1:04 am
Well spotted, it was the write permissions to the Filters folder in VDj. Many thanks for the direction.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 10:14 am
So, I have had success in making my coloured lists, all working fine. But now I have a problem, some tracks have the red X against them, I understand why they have, but what I want is to get rid of them. I have tried to delete but that has failed. Help would be appreciated.

Ahh!...Sorry, figured it out...... Doh!

Posted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 7:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)