Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Smart settings are not saved - Numark NV II

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,
when I have the NV II connected and change the settings on Smart Play (no), Smart Cue (no) and Quantisize Cue (no) it works. When I close VDJ and open it again the settings are all set back on.

It is not a general problem that the settings are not saved. I changed the eq-settings to full kill and this is saved perfectly. I also see that the xml-file is updated when I change the smart settings.

Without the controller it saves the smart settings. It only seems to occur with settings that can be applied to the 4 different decks. If it's a simple yes or no it is working (I guess).

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 9:45 am
I've just tested on Windows with both the current public build (b3798) and the lastet Early Acces build (b3846) and both are saving my settings, so that they are how I left them, when I re-open the software - also smart-play

So it doesn't look like it's a general issue - at least not on Windows

I've read about other people having issues with saved settings in the past, which turned out to be system rights on the laptop - but if your settings.xml gets saved ok, I guess that's not it

I don't know if your controller can do it.
More complex controllers that support it get asked about their current settings/values when VDJ opens, and VDJ adjusts to the controller.
Can that be it?

In that case, and if you can't set it on the controller, you may be able to overrule it by adding script to the oninit trigger (available in the keyboard controller mapping) as long as you always connects the controller before opening VDJ

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 10:49 am
It worked before the update. VDJ always saved the new settings for the NV II.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 11:56 am

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 12:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
K!NG KVNG wrote :
Hey guys,
when I have the NV II connected and change the settings on Smart Play (no), Smart Cue (no) and Quantisize Cue (no) it works. When I close VDJ and open it again the settings are all set back on.

Thats because these "modes" are controlled from the QUANT button and its assigned "@$NV2QUANT" variable, which is a persistent one (keep its status/value across sessions)
So its not related to any update. It was always like that since day 1 of support of the NVII.

If you dont want this behavior, you can change the name of the variable from @$NV2QUANT to $NV2QUANT (in the action assigned to QUANT key), and delete the part of the ONINIT Key which queries the status of the variable (leave just the .. deck 1 pfl off ), but keep in mind that the QUANT key will still toggle all those "modes" on/off when used.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 7:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)