Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Video Files Keep Disappearing, or Become Corrupt

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I keep having issues where video files disappear, or become corrupt. I can get the missing files back by using Windows "Check Disk" tool, and repair the drive.

The computer I am using is an HP, with Windows 10. When I bought it, I connected to the internet only once to do Windows updates, install Virtaul DJ 8.1. This machine does NOT get connected to the internet at all.

I use an external hard drive to spin music videos.

This appears to be a Windows issue - has anyone else had similar problems? Any ideas or suggestions to diagnose the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 4:23 pm
Ragnar438 wrote :
I keep having issues where video files disappear, or become corrupt. I can get the missing files back by using Windows "Check Disk" tool, and repair the drive.

The computer I am using is an HP, with Windows 10. When I bought it, I connected to the internet only once to do Windows updates, install Virtaul DJ 8.1. This machine does NOT get connected to the internet at all.

I use an external hard drive to spin music videos.

This appears to be a Windows issue - has anyone else had similar problems? Any ideas or suggestions to diagnose the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Could it be an issue with the external drive?
What happens if you grab 100 or so videos from the external HD, move them to the local harddrive, and play/test them from there for a while?
Does the same thing happen to video files on the local drive?

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 4:28 pm
sounds like your are about to have a drive failure backup and get a new one.

Posted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 4:36 pm
I do have some folders of video files on the local drive, and have not noticed any problems with them. I will do as you suggested, and use another external hard drive and see if the problem persists. I will report back with an update in a week or so.

Thanks for the time and advice -

Paul

Posted Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 5:14 pm
I'm having the same problem. I use a desktop to format all my videos. I have a "master" external drive that I have all my music on as a backup and a second drive that goes with me. About 80% of the time when I plug in the drive to the laptop it comes up as corrupt and I have to let windows fix the drive. The result usually is the last songs I worked on or played at the house appear in the drive but all of the information for those songs is wiped. I reload the drive from the master drive when I get home and all is ok. I notice it is not the same songs being corrupt each time. I went and bought a second new external drive thinking the first one was going bad but it is doing the same thing. When does virtual dj write information to its database? Am I taking the drive all too quickly and it is still writing?

Posted Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 12:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You should click the drive icon in the system tray in windows and select eject before disconnecting the drive if you want to make sure that all data is written correctly.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 17 @ 2:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)