Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: senior moment....browser/deck scratch issue :-/

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Having a bit of trouble with a new skin I'm developing...

I'm using the standard browser settings to open in the bottom half of the screen, but can't seem to stop the cursor responding to the decks underneath...
that is, I can still scratch/alter pitch etc on the deck even though its hidden by the browser...very frustrating!

Please put an old dog out of his misery!!!! Thanks :-)

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 5:28 pm
Yes, keyboard letters always action as hotkeys unless the search field has focus. The only way to bypass this behavior is to enable the "searchbyfirstletter" option on VirtualDj which will stop hotkeys from executing when browser has focus.
However I think you still need to click on the browser before keyboard stops working as hotkeys.

PS: Technically it doesn't matter what you see.
It's where the focus is set at...

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 6:14 pm
It's not that the hot keys are functioning, it's the mouse cursor which is action-ing the decks beneath the browser....

I'm thinking I may have to define each deck as a panel, and just call them up (or not) depending on if the browser is open....so behind the browser is NO functioning elements

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 6:40 pm
You got it. If the browser is on top of something, then the browser has to be in an active panel and whatever's under it needs to be inactive.

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 6:56 pm
Its been a while, I'm a bit rusty! hahaha

Thank you both for the reminders! :-)

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 7:00 pm

Posted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)