Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ability to change default Playlist filepath

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I've had a look and can't see this anywhere already

I use my external hard drive to switch between PC at home and Laptop at gigs. The filter folders and folders are already stored on the external so seamlessly move between PC/Laptop. The playlists don't though. If you could change the default playlist path from the C drive to another drive, that would be quality.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For now, you will need to do it manually and outside VDJ. Just copy your /VirtualDJ/Playlists folder to your external Hard Drive and when u open VDJ, you will see all of your Playlists in the Hard Drive folder structure.

Since you are familiar with Virtual Folders, why dont you use those to create Play-lists and keep them in the Ext HD instead of using the "static" Playlists ?

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 12:07 am
grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
That makes sense ha. I have my Explorer tree hidden in VDJ to save clutter but that's a great idea. Nice one.

Posted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 10:17 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not sure if it'll work, but there are still 2 registry values for VDJ 8. On of them is the VDJ home directory.

You could try to change the value to you external's VirtualDJ folder. Then copy all the files from Documents/VirtualDJ to the external folder.

Attention: You need to merge the database from C with the ext. database manually. Do not just override the database.xml

Posted Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 11:05 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I use virtual folders the way that DJDad suggested and move between two computers seemlessly!

Posted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 2:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)