Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when connecting my computer to my mixer I cannot get the left and right channels to split on my mixer. It is not the mixer as my back up computer works fine. I have followed the manual but still no luck. Can anybody help.

Many thanks
Peter

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 1:07 pm
Pete King wrote :
my mixer

What mixer? Make and model.

Pete King wrote :
I cannot get the left and right channels to split

Left and right channels or left and right decks (i.e. external mixer setup)?

Please describe (or post a picture of) your VDJ audio config.

Pete King wrote :
I have followed the manual

What manual?

Pete King wrote :
my backup computer works fine

....and what are the audio config settings on that? Why not just copy the settings from the working one to the non working one?

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 1:31 pm
I still find it amazing people can post a problem without specific information that we need to help. Unbelievable!

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 1:48 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I still find it amazing people can post a problem without specific information that we need to help. Unbelievable!

Well aren't you the expect!

With respect, that's why people come on here to ask questions and then for others to ask more detailed and specific questions to try to help resolve a problem. Me and others don't come on here to be insulted!

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:09 pm
....and the answers to my questions?

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:14 pm
groovindj wrote :
Pete King wrote :
my mixer

What mixer? Make and model. A Citronic SM-Fx500

Pete King wrote :
I cannot get the left and right channels to split

Left and right channels or left and right decks (i.e. external mixer setup)?

Please describe (or post a picture of) your VDJ audio config. ok Input is on None. Outputs is on External Mixer & Right Chan / Left Chan. Sound Card is Mono separated with Primary Sound Driver. Hope this helps and thank you for your assistance.

Pete King wrote :
I have followed the manual

What manual? The VDJ Manual that was sent to me by Atomix productions

Pete King wrote :
my backup computer works fine

....and what are the audio config settings on that? Why not just copy the settings from the working one to the non working one? I would if they were the same but sadly they are not. Did contact Atomix but did not get anywhere.

I have a feeling it may be internal problem with the computer?

Many thanks
Peter

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:35 pm
Pete King wrote :
I would if they were the same but sadly they are not

.....which is what I'd expect. One computer is working as you want and one isn't.

The computer that does work correctly must have the correct settings, do you not think?

So........simply set up the computer that doesn't work, so that it has the same settings as the one that does.

Are you not using an external audio interface? It would be so much better than using your internal sound card, splitting the signal (I assume you've got the right type of splitter cable) and running in mono.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:45 pm
Pete King wrote :
With respect, that's why people come on here to ask questions and then for others to ask more detailed and specific questions to try to help resolve a problem. Me and others don't come on here to be insulted!

With respect you can't expect to get an answer to a question without at least giving some basic information. We're not mind readers and "my computer" and "my mixer" cannot give us an indication of what your problem might be.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:50 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010

The above images may help.
An internal laptop soundcard is used by vast numbers of people and is adequate..although not what I'd recommend.

I have a tablet which may become a backup using its card.

I forgot that your using vdj7 so try the advanced config and the settings in image below

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 12:57 pm
People without a basic knowledge of their hardware, software and how it goes together shouldn't be using that type of setup.

What happens if something goes wrong in the middle of a gig and they don't know how to recover it?

I have one particular colleague who only knows how to switch his laptop on and use VDJ in a basic manner and I have lost count of the times my mobile has gone off and I have had to go to his gig and get it going again because a setting has changed or a cable has become loose.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 1:58 pm

I had trouble with the file size..hope this works.
I was using my new tablet but could not optimize the file size quickly so I retreated to my trusty Linux machine. Job done.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 2:14 pm
Could you all please stop hi jacking this thread.
Just help the guy or shut up.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 2:39 pm
Your doing just fine Ron although I wonder why he's still using 7??

Oh and my post was leveled so it's really not interfering with anything

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 2:47 pm
bigron1 wrote :

Ha ha. You criticize others for hijacking the thread then you post shet like that which has absolutely nothing to do with the user's problems.

You made me laugh out loud!

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 4:28 pm
I expect you to correct your bad language or the moderator to do it for you. As you well know it's against the forum rules.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 4:37 pm
bigron1 wrote :

The above images may help.
An internal laptop soundcard is used by vast numbers of people and is adequate..although not what I'd recommend.

I forgot that your using vdj7 so try the advanced config and the settings in image below

Thank you Big Ron. The image you sent me is what is on my shall I call it ( my old computer and the VDJ Pro 7) works fine.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:03 am
TDBennett wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Many folks don't know what information is needed, they aren't all that tech savvy, that is why they are asking for help.
They come into an informal forum attempting to initiate a conversation by giving a brief description of their issue hoping someone will respond and continue the conversation.
If you are gung-ho to help but put-out by a less than informed requester wasting your time with needless chatter, create a template of questions you need answered, copy and paste that into thread. Or you can be grumpy and rude every other post.

Thank you TD and could not agree more. It's all about learning from & teaching others thus helping others to improve their knowledge & expertise which in turn helps others on so on.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:10 am
So did you solve the problem? If so, how? Post here so others may benefit.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:23 am
bigron1 wrote :
I expect you to correct your bad language or the moderator to do it for you. As you well know it's against the forum rules.

Well said Big Ron!

I spoke with VDJ online chat. As they suggested. update to VDJ8 which I have now done on both computers. My old computer is still working fine from via cable from headphone to the two jacks into mix. Music splits into decks 1 and 2 fine.

The other computers config is now the same as the image you sent me, once again thank you, and on the old computer. However on the old one it shows

HI Def Audio (WASPI)

The new computer shows 1DT Hi Def CODEC (WASPI), To be honest does not mean much to me as a basic user. I still think it has something to do with sound cards Internal or external.

Thank you BIg Ron
Peter

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 9:37 pm
groovindj wrote :
So did you solve the problem? If so, how? Post here so others may benefit.

I spoke with VDJ online chat. As they suggested. update to VDJ8 which I have now done on both computers. My old computer is still working fine from via cable from headphone to the two jacks into mix. Music splits into decks 1 and 2 fine.

The other computers config is now the same as the image you sent me, once again thank you, and on the old computer. However on the old one it shows

HI Def Audio (WASPI)

The new computer shows 1DT Hi Def CODEC (WASPI), To be honest does not mean much to me as a basic user. I still think it has something to do with sound cards Internal or external.

Thank you Groovin
Peter

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 9:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)