Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX native support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
just want to know how deep the native integration support of the XDJ-RX is.
Two simple questions:

1) Is the big waveform moving on the display and able to show loop sections?

2) Controls like Pitch Fader and Jogs are mapped via HID?

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 6:21 am
1) No. That's a firmware limitation. Big waveforms are not accessible in PC control mode
2) I don't think the unit offers HID communication for the controller itself. Only for the screens.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 8:00 am
Hi, I was using the old mapper I can't make it work on native!! Does anyone knows how to delete the old mapper? I'm using MacOS Sierra.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 3:38 am
DJ Barezzito wrote :
Hi, I was using the old mapper I can't make it work on native!! Does anyone knows how to delete the old mapper? I'm using MacOS Sierra.

Yes, you need to remove the old mapper first.
On windows it's located in the \Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers folder
It's in a pretty similar path on mac

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 9:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually, check the Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices folder and remove any XDJ-RX xml related files.
Then open VirtualDJ and you should be able to see the "factory default" mapping in Settings->Controllers tab when you select the XDJ-RX from the left-side list.

Also keep in mind that official support for XDJ-RX is currently available in Early Access Build (3826). So make sure you have the EarlyAccessUpdates setting enabled and restart VirtualDJ.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 10:21 am
No issues here with the native support for XDJ-RX, all working fine and have tweaked the new default map to suit me.

Just one question/request, if its possible... Is there a possibility to keep the beat effect section on the RX display showing?
The same as it would do if you have a USB stick plugged in? Like below

I use the mixer section in RX mode rather than internal, as that way I can use all the pioneer on board effects instead of the VDJ effects.

Thanks
Mel

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:41 am
Firmware limitation as well.
Once the device enters MIDI mode, the above info are not visible on screen any more

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 8:57 am
:( I had a feeling it would be the case, may ask on the Pioneer DJ forums.

Oh well, at least its now native in VDJ, keep up the good work guys!

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 9:12 am
hi folks,
do you know what the mixer mode setting should be on for when using with VDJ? its either midi or xdj-rx ?
thanks
Iain

Posted Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 4:40 pm
Native support assumes MIDI mixer (default option on newest firmware)

Posted Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 8:03 pm
You can use either depending on how you want to use the unit.

I have always chosen to use it in XDJ-RX mode rather than MIDI for the simple fact you get less latency on the up faders and especially the x fader when scratching. Not to mention you get the use of the on board Pioneer effects.

Have a play with both and see which you prefer.

1 point to note, if you are to use the RX mode make sure you have your up faders and master output on max first when switching from MIDI mode. Once changed over you can return them back to normal. Also ensure you set VDJ to External Mixer in the audio setup. Other wise sound will only come out of the first channel.

Posted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 4:53 pm
Hello everyone, could you please give me the mapping of the pioneer xdj-rx for virtual dj 8, thanks..

Hola a todos alguien me podria facilitar el mapeo de la pioneer xdj-rx para virtual dj 8, gracias

Posted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 4:52 pm
Hola a todos alguien me podria facilitar el mapeo de la pioneer xdj-rx para virtual dj 8, gracias
Hello everyone, could you please give me the mapping of the pioneer xdj-rx for virtual dj 8, thanks

:( I had a feeling it would be the case, may ask on the Pioneer DJ forums.

Oh well, at least its now native in VDJ, keep up the good work guys!

Posted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 4:53 pm
hey guys, i was wondering if any of you guys out there that have already got the mapping file for th Xdj-rx and wouldn't mind sharing please

Posted Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 5:10 pm
Did you not read the above messages, or check the "supported controllers" wiki page (or even plug your XDJ-RX in)?

It's fully natively supported now. No sharing of mapping files required.

Posted Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 5:13 pm
matto_PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,
I tested xdj-rx some half year ago. How I remember it works all function except internal effect - there was without beat number on the controller and I returned back this control only because of this.
So my question now is, are the internal effects on xdj-rx now working ok together with virtual dj?

Posted Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 9:23 pm
If you want to get the on board pioneer effects to work, then see my post above.

Posted Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)