Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Searching skin like default 4-deck but with more fx knobs and the key chevron

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

occideHome userMember since 2017
Hi forum,

I'm looking for a skin like the default 4-deck skin. I like it as it is but miss the chevron for "Key" and also could use more dial knobs for VST fx.

I tied to modify the skin's XML (e.g. just copied the knobs and renamed the stuff) but it didn't work, nothing changed on the skin. I also tried Skin Builder V3 but it seems you have to start from scratch and cannot modify an existing skin, right?

Can you guys help me out somehow?

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 5:12 pm
search for "Ultra 99".

it has key from -12 to 0 to +12

it has 4 fx plus 2 sliders each

install it then click on "pads++" for left and right decks. beneath the main decks/ beneath the main remix decks. there is a bar with all the decks, fade, pads++, beats, etc.

pads++

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 9:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@djkz

We appreciate your contribution with your recent skins, but you shouldn't really advise users to use a 99 (or 20) decks skin, just to get a couple extra deck features, if the user doesnt need to use so many decks. Main reason is that decks reserve memory/resources, so you could end up with something more "heavy" than expected.

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 10:21 pm
@djdad,

i sit hours on ultra 99 and now you're telling me it's running out of resources..

so now i need to make another skin: "Ultra"

now the golden question is how many decks should i reduce it to so it's safe for most users?

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 10:32 pm
The 99 deck capability was introduced in VDJ 7 back in 2010 when computers were less powerful.

Surely if it could be done then, it should be possible now - otherwise why say that VDJ can have 99 decks?

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 10:44 pm
ultra 99 is aimed at putting all the power of vdj right in front of you. thanks to some feedback, the mini decks have been upgraded to remix decks.

my laptop is ultra powerful so i have no issues with it at my end. however, if a dj is using an old laptop, then perhaps i should limit the number of decks. the question is to how many?
don't forget, assigning 99 decks takes time too.

more questions
is it an issue that the skin supports up to 99 decks?
or is it an issue when the user uses 99 decks?

why would vdj allow 99 decks if it is dangerous?

if traktor can have 4x4x4 remix decks.. which is a total of 128 decks left and another 128 on the right. ..

=============================

@djdad
how many should be the limit?

=============================

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 10:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I didnt say its "dangerous" or unsafe, but would you have air-condition running to all of your 99 rooms while you only use/visit 3 or 4 ? Surely on modern powerful computers wouldnt have much impact on performance, but i would use something lighter.

And again, doesnt make much sense to advise a user to use a 99 decks skin just because it has key controls

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 11:04 pm
well now that i've added a preview player, vdj crashed. out of nowhere it just crashed. and it never crashes.

i'm going to have to make a variation to this skin.. yet again!!
"Ultra 12 Remix" with 12 decks only.

Posted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 2:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)