Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Setting the downbeat ("one") on the fly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, all.

I know there are "late adopters," and then there's me, who's been sitting on a VDJ8 Pro Infinity license for a few years now (I got the license when VDJ8 was first introduced, but I've been VDJ7'ing it for a long time now, and am now just beginning to tool around with it in spare time.

When using VDJ7, if there was a song on "deck one" that, for whatever reason, had some variation in its BPM and I was preparing to mix in another song on "deck two", I would be able to single-tap on the "BPM" button (now the "TAP" button in VDJ8) to manually set the downbeat of the deck one song "on the fly." It appears to me that this is not a feature of VDJ8. You have to open the BPM editor and do a phase shift. This isn't conducive to getting something like this done quickly if you need to.

Am I missing something? Or was that eliminated for good reason?

Thanks.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 6:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
just a change of method, you can use the grid adjust pad page, or see the script it uses to set beat 1

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 7:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The TAP button (beat_tap action) still sets the first-beat when the track is paused. If playing you can have a custom/keyboard/controller button mapped as ..set_firstbeat ... if you dont want to mess around with alternative BPM/phase detection.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 9:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)