Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rating

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a script or is it possible to have auto-rating according to how many times a track is played.

Posted Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 12:25 pm
You need to press the button once for every track in order to write the rating.
The code could look like this:

get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 : browsed_song 'rating' 0

Of course you can adjust the playcount numbers to your liking

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 11:58 am
thanks ;o)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 3:20 pm
Did a modification with the script from Phantom:

repeat_start 'myrate' ? on & repeat_stop 'myrate' : off & repeat_start 'myrate' 100ms & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop 'myrate' : browser_scroll +1 & get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 : browsed_song 'rating' 0

Select a folder. Focus the 1st track of the folder. Press the custom button (where you put the above script on)
It will automatically rate all tracks inside the folder and will automatically stop at the last one. You can press the same button again to stop the process at any time.

Known bug..
Doesnt rate the 1st one (at the top), but you can move the track at a different position by sorting the list.

Modification-Part found in another script done by DJDad.
(Edit):
Be careful with this script. Don't shoot your own ratings down to the ground because of trying this script!

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 3:33 pm
music234 wrote :

repeat_start 'myrate' ? on & repeat_stop 'myrate' : off & repeat_start 'myrate' 100ms & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop 'myrate' : browser_scroll +1 & get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 : browsed_song 'rating' 0

Known bug..
Doesnt rate the 1st one (at the top), but you can move the track at a different position by sorting the list.

That's because you have put browser_scroll +1 in the front of the script. So, first it advances, then it rates the track. To fix, use this code instead:

repeat_start 'myrate' ? on & repeat_stop 'myrate' : off & repeat_start 'myrate' 100ms & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : browsed_song 'rating' 0 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 & browser_scroll +1 : browsed_song 'rating' 0 & browser_scroll +1

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 5:30 pm
You're the man! I got much to learn...
Thanks again ;o)

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 7:15 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
music234 wrote :

Known bug..

That's because you have put browser_scroll +1 in the front of the script. So, first it advances, then it rates the track. To fix, use this code instead:

repeat_start 'myrate' ? on & repeat_stop 'myrate' : off & repeat_start 'myrate' 100ms & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : browsed_song 'rating' 0 & repeat_stop 'myrate' : get_browsed_song 'playcount' & param_cast 'integer' & param_bigger 50 ? browsed_song 'rating' 5 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 40 ? browsed_song 'rating' 4 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 30 ? browsed_song 'rating' 3 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 20 ? browsed_song 'rating' 2 & browser_scroll +1 : param_bigger 10 ? browsed_song 'rating' 1 & browser_scroll +1 : browsed_song 'rating' 0 & browser_scroll +1

ok im lost....please give a step by step. Also is there a way to onit to have done auto at start up or even after closing. just asking?

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 8:42 pm
Ok, the script starts a loop, which tagg your files shown in the browser
playcount > 50 then 5 stars, if not then
playcount > 40 then 4 stars, if not then
.... > 30 then 3 Stars...
.....> 20 then 2 Stars....
.....> 10 then 1 Star....
.....................0 Star.
after check your play count for the first file the browser_select scrolls to next file and so on. At the end of your browser the script stops.

Select a small playlist, put this script on a custom button, push the button and see the magic of VDJ.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 9:35 pm
ok it works great thank you. This all i needed.

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 10:06 pm
THIS SHOULD BE AN ADDED FEATURE

Posted Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 11:55 pm
That's why I am a real fan of VDJ.
If you need/want something you can add and edit those features.
VDJ is a real weapon, and there is no other sw allow the user to customize it in this way.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 5:46 am
music234 wrote :
That's why I am a real fan of VDJ.
If you need/want something you can add and edit those features.
VDJ is a real weapon, and there is no other sw allow the user to customize it in this way.

True, but i would love this one to be automatic. would be a great feature. Customizable count/star settings.

Posted Wed 21 Jun 17 @ 6:29 pm
Forgive me if I'm missing the point here, but, what advantage would rating songs have over sorting columns on play count?
I have put this script on a custom button and tested a small playlist, but.........
I've never used the star rating before, never saw the point when you can display the play count column and sort from that.

Go on then, someone educate me. :-)

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 12:09 am
That's true, but different Djs got different workflows.
No need to educate you ;o)

Posted Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 6:03 am
Just a personal preference of mine. More for the eyes than the mix.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 1:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)