Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: param_invert & pitch won't allow "pickup" controllerTakeoverModePitch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm using VDJ8.2 with XP-10 VDJ edition controllers.

I want to use the "pickup" mode in the controllerTakeoverModePitch.

It works fine if I use "pitch" in the PITCH setting of my controller. The problem is, I want the slider to match what is on screen (e.g. when I move the slider down, the tempo increases, and when I move it up, the tempo decreases) So, I put in "param_invert & pitch" instead of just "pitch". This way, I get the cursors on screen to match what I'm doing with the sliders on my controllers.

However, "pickup" mode no longer works when I use "param_invert & pitch". Most times, it makes the cursor jump like when we use "instant"; Sometimes it sort of works, but only under various, unpredictable circumstances.

I need assistance :)

Maxime

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 11:02 pm
LDJMaxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, I have always reported this issue Month ago, but yet no corrected

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 7:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Pitch fader is inverted now for the XP10 (down to increase, up to decrease) and will be available in the next update.

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 2:59 pm
And for the others who want the inverse (+ on top, - on bottom) on other controller, is the correction of the bug un progress?
Thanks

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 4:06 pm
djdad wrote :
The Pitch fader is inverted now for the XP10 (down to increase, up to decrease) and will be available in the next update.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

Maxime

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 8:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
LDJMax wrote :
And for the others who want the inverse (+ on top, - on bottom) on other controller, is the correction of the bug un progress?
Thanks

Is there any device/hardware/software out there, that has the pitch working like this ?

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 9:45 pm
I dont know, but it's like that I want mine (ddj RB) to do (I've made my own skin). We already discuss about that in another topic ( when we use param invert & pitch to match skin and hardware, the software pitch fader jump rapidly to another position whenever you gently move the hardware one (I've tried it whith different skin too)

Posted Tue 30 May 17 @ 3:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)