Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Remote connects but doesn't show any activity

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

On the VDJ side: The Apple Remote App is detected in the network, and can connect to it. It appears as “Connected”.
On the remote side: the “Waiting for connection from VirtualDJ” message disappears, but no action is showed in the remote.

I can send commands from Remote to VDJ (i.e. when press Play button, the songs starts to play in VDJ), same for STOP, etc. Even when I search for a song, the keys that pressed in the remote appears in VDJ Search text area, and some results appear in the result window in VDJ, but nothing is showed in my remote app.

--- My system: ---
VDJ for Mac version 8.2 built updated may ’17, running on MacBookPro (Mountain Lion) box.
Remote: Iphone6S IOS 10.2.1

-------------------- --- Some tests: --------------------------------
Force Manual IP and Port in VDJ – same results – can connect but no activity in remote app.
Restart Remote app, -same result
Reset my Iphone, -same result
Different WiFi network, -same result-
Firewall turned off completely – same results -
Enable or disable bonjour file sharing – same results -

Sometimes, when I close VDJ and start again it works. - Rarely works -
Sometimes, I need to Reset VDJ configuration to factory defaults, - often works -
It works fine with VDJ7, same network, same computer, same remote, I remember that the problem starts after Update to VDJ8.1 – not Shure -

-------------------- --- Some technical tests (on failure conditions): --------------------------------
Checking the data transfer between Iphone and VDJ, I can see that one TCP Connection is stablished. i.e between Tcp ports 44777 (remote) and 52345 (macbook).

I can see messages going from remote to Vdj, something like this:

remote->vdj :8JDV 8JDV( skin_panel 'rm_deckl' on8JDV# deck left get_level8JDV4 tfelsongpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : off8JDVH tfel+ get_text '-`get_time &apos ;remain&apos ;`'queryText8JDV; deck left select skin_panel 'rm_deckl' on8JDV* …… etc.

When I press PLAY button, remote sends to VDJ, something like this:
remote->vdj :8JDV †
VDJ starts playing.

But, nothing is sent back from VDJ to my remote trough this connection. :(

--------- Same test (On normal condition): --------------------------
When the system is working fine, I can see a lot of messages coming from VDj to Remote and back.

remote<-vdj :8JDV lav ‰ ×> 8JDV Ž lav í>= 8JDV £ lav W?= 8JDV ¤ lav +ÓA= … etc. (+1600 bytes) each 1/4 second.

When select the search screen on the remote:
remote->vdj :8JDV <-- command is sent to VDJ
remote<-vdj :8JDVy Bruno Mars Treasure Official Music Video 116.0 # 03:12! Give It Up KC & The Sunshine Band 125.0 A# 04:18!Passenger Let Her Go, etc. Wang Chung Everybody Have Fun Tonight 128.7 04:17!... etc. <-- response from VDJ

Which means that VDJ is sending a lot of info messages to Remote through this connection. There is activity in my remote. :)
------------------------------------------------------------
I don’t know if this is a bug? Or a License problem? I have a Monthly Subscription plan, but planning to get the infinity plan.
I have a Denon-MC6000 and a Hercules MK4 control. But the problem happens even without any controller connected.
This problem is intermitent, sometimes takes hours with failure.
I hope someone can give me some help.

Thank you

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 6:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)