Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Custom Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are there any users who can actually dismantle the program add custom changes, like things the company doesnt see as worth it, but the user really wants it. Im asking because there are some small changes I personally would enjoy and instead of buying another software I am willing to use that money to pay someone to customize this program to my liking. Is that legal and is someone able to do it. Even with-in the company. I will pay.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 11:44 am
You would have to find someone who can reverse engineer (or hack it) and they would really need to know software development. Even one small wrong piece of code in a single line could screw things up badly or cause it to not be stable. On top of it not exactly being ethical or legal, I wouldn't trust anyone to do something like that. The chances of having the VDJ team do a one off customization for a single user is highly unlikely.

You're best bet is to maybe create a poll on the things you would like added and see how many other users would like it as well. You could post it in the Wishes & New Features forum and cross your fingers it makes it to the team's development roadmap.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 12:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
...there are some small changes I personally would enjoy ....

such as ?

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 12:16 pm
This license does NOT allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, transfer, publish, bundle or sublicense the Software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the Software is installed, unless specifically authorized by Atomix Productions.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
- modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 12:26 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
This license does NOT allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, transfer, publish, bundle or sublicense the Software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the Software is installed, unless specifically authorized by Atomix Productions.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
- modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.

just wanted to make sure.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 3:09 pm
djdad wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
...there are some small changes I personally would enjoy ....

such as ?

1. I wanna rebuild the info plane to make it more efficient. Compatible track list with option of what matches to make..like according to grouping or folder or the user fields ect

2. REMIX DECKS I have started being part of blend battles, and i cant overcome the guys using traktors remix deck....the transitions and beat drops kill me everytime. I have started learning traktor more...but i dont want to use traktor becuase Ive become settled and comfortable with VDJ. Ive even tried Mixvibes remix decks but that software just doesnt do it for me. I do scratch and cut a lot, but im really into mixes but i cant get out the ideas I have unless i use traktor...I dont want to use traktor.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 3:18 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Compatible track list with option of what matches to make..like according to grouping or folder or the user fields ect.

+1

Posted Sat 27 May 17 @ 7:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)