Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: something changed in the BPM / sync engine? problem 3731

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vdj 3731

Hi. one of the main advantages of VDJ used to be that I would never have to analyse anything. Just drag any track, play it and it would analyse bpm and sync perfectly. I never edited a beatgrid in my life. Ever. THis was one of the main advantages over i.e. Traktor where beat analysis would regularly suck and require you to adjust the beatgrid manually. Never done never will.

But in the last versions of VDJ (3731 and some before) I noticed more often beatgrids being "off" ( very clear and obvious when you use sampler beats for example )

So whats going on? I noticed when I would bpm analyse a track that would be off... that it would immediately correct of course. However. I usually add lots of music last minute and I never had to do this in the past. And I was always very happy that I just could drag stuff in and I wouldnt care about anything. It seems this is no longer the case.

any thoughts? Thanks

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 9:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unanalyzed tracks are still automatically analyzed when loaded to a deck, and the algorithm is the same as when choosing analyze from the browser, so I'm not sure what caused it to no longer work for you.

To be clear, this is with tracks you played for the first time then?

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 9:19 am
Not really first time tracks only.. Could be any track It just seems that there now is a difference between auto analysed tracks (new tracks)... and when I analyse the SAME track from the menu.... The beatmarkers / hitpoints / transients whatever... instantly jump to the right position then. This never happened before!

additionally: I find the sync stability deteriorated in the last builds... Sometimes even quite hard to sync and keep in sync tracks that are 100% constant ( no old disco tracks ;-)
It seems that it generally feels more shifty and I have to do a lot more manual pitch + - corrections. I used to be able to fire-and-forget. Now sometimes Im struggling to keep it from ruining my performance sometimes ( not always )

Nothing changed driver or hardware-wise : I switched to Fruit Skin 0.82 though... could this be it? Hope not

Thanks for replying

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 9:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it's an older track that was already scanned before, it is possible that it changes when analyzing from the menu because the analyzer has been improved recently.
It means that the track was already wrong from before though.

For new tracks it should not make a difference. I tried removing my database and loaded some tracks, and after the track was fully loaded the bpm and phase is correctly detected.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 10:01 am
ok thanks I will check it out.

Posted Thu 25 May 17 @ 2:08 pm
I have done a clean reinstall of 3734 and it seems to be better now. I used to install over old versions now I cleaned everything and it seems to be more stable on the sync engine and mentioned problems

Thanks again

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 4:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)