Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: American Audio VMS5

Posted Tue 16 May 17 @ 12:16 pm
Hi.

I recently bought a VMS5 and received it yesterday. I installed the ASIO Drivers and the Virtual DJ LE bundled with the VMS5 on my HTPC desktop running Windows 10 Pro.

At first I encountered some issues with USB resources, I connected the VMS5 on an USB hub and it seems it doesn't like that, telling it has not enough resources.
So I'll advise other customers to connect it directly on a desktop/laptop USB port, this way you avoid such issues.

Then it was really complex to map the correct decks with corresponding channels, but I succeeded after half an hour.

I encountered another issue, all the 4 channels mixer and gain don't have any effect, when I turn it on the VMS5 it turns equally on the virtual DJ but with no effect.
Could you please tell me how to solve that ?

I also choosed the VMS5 because of its ability to mix USB and analog channels, I plan to use it with 2 USB channels and 2 turntables.
The 2 inputs with phono level are assigned to midlogs 2 and 3 and by default the A and B decks are also assigned to midlogs 2 and 3 channels, could you please explain how can I assign those A & B decks to midlogs 1 and 4 ?

I connected my smartphone to play trough the channel 4 and it worked but at a very low level.
Would it be possible to monitor the peak levels and sound graphs of analog inputs on the Virtual DJ ? During my tests it doesn't worked.

During my tests I tried to switch to the soundcard of my desktop, but it didn't work, I had at first error messages, and when I tried again the software told me I need an analog mixer license.

And about the licenses, could you please enumarate exactly wich functions could be unlocked with the Virtual DJ Plus license ?
I will use it for personal purpose, for my pleasure and to give the opportunity at my 8-year old son to become a great DJ later, who knows :)

Thank you for your help in anvance.

Best regards,

Jean

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 2:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are posting in the topic of a Skin, so not the best place to do it, since a skin doesnt affect the functionality of a controller or the software itself.

The mixer part of the VMS5 is actually a hardware analog mxer (which can also send MIDI signals to the computer so that you can see the movements of the faders on screen) so it needs to have the speakers connected to the Master Output of the unit....that's the most basic-important info you should know about and probably the reason why the Gains were not working for you.

Please take the time and read the manual and open a new topic in the Hardware/General forums to ask further questions.

Posted Wed 19 Jul 17 @ 8:30 pm
PFMDJControlleristMember since 2017
Love the skin but the deck names don't match the deck names on the controller. For example, Decks "A" and "D" are marked correctly but decks "B" and "C" are in reversed positions ("B" should be bottom left and "C" should be top right.)

Posted Sat 24 Aug 19 @ 5:02 pm
If anything, it's the controller that has it wrong.

In the vast majority of cases, the normal left and right decks would be A (left) and B (right). Switching to decks C & D (or 3 & 4) would put C on the left and D on the right - so the left deck/platter would be A/C and the right B/D.

Also please note that you can use any skin with your controller. You are not restricted to using one with the same name or layout.

Posted Sat 24 Aug 19 @ 5:28 pm
ampedupPRO InfinityMember since 2011
For some reason, when using this skin, the software will not close down when exiting out after playing a video/karaoke file. This means that each night's history is lost as well. This isn't the case when just playing music, but any visual file forces you to close the software in the task manager.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 5:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i doubt that this behavior ts related to any skin. Can you reproduce at will ? If so, can you also try to reproduce it with the default skins ?

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 11:45 am
ampedupPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Unfortunately, I still have not been able to find a fix for this. I can reproduce it over and over with any skin. As soon as a video window is triggered to open, I can no longer shut down the software without going to the task manager and forcing the stop. This wipes out any history or options changed during my previous session. Very frustrating. At this point, I have no history of my last year worth of karaoke nights.

Posted Mon 13 Jan 20 @ 9:25 am
For the Deck Routing Look in VDJ Mapping ,think You can Make there a Deck Order Change WE:

Deck Order in Routing and Mapping:
3-1-2-4
1-2-3-4

For the Video Window i have Not a answer,will Test this later with My AA VMS 2 in My Win 10 Pro 64 System,and post here does this Run oder Not by me.

Posted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 12:47 pm
Is there any way anyone can save and uplaod the VMS5 Skin? I lost the CD that came with the install with it.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 21 @ 2:36 am
You don't need the skin to match the hardware for it to work. You can use any skin.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 21 @ 10:16 pm
McDjJaviPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
Dj: aka_delete wrote :
Is there any way anyone can save and uplaod the VMS5 Skin? I lost the CD that came with the install with it.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 22 @ 2:23 am
McDjJaviPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
McDjJavi wrote :
Dj: aka_delete wrote :

I know i can use any skin but I would like the original VMS 5 skin. Does anyone know where i can download it?

Posted Wed 26 Jan 22 @ 2:25 am