Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: PLEASE HELP ME IM NEW AND I want too use my controller...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i need a skin for the SAMSON CONSPIRACY i cant find it anywhere this is begginig to get frustrating..its making my music experience suck right now. i just bought the thing as my first midi controller and am having such difficultys with it..if someone can help me with a skin for it i would really be grateful

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 12:33 pm
Number one - it's not necessary to have a skin that looks like your controller, in order to use Virtual DJ. You can use any skin.

Number two - the Samson Conspiracy is not a natively supported controller in VDJ. This means that you'd either have to create your own definition and mapping files to use it fully, or just map the MIDI yourself (which is easier but wouldn't give you the full "user experience").

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 12:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The SAMSON CONSPIRACY isn't in the natively supported HW list, therefore you would have to create a custom definition file [this perhaps includes sysex to get your LEDs working, and assigns a name to a midi signal]
Then you'd have to make a custom mapping file to assign a vdj script command to a name.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller%20Developers.html

VDJ staff maybe able to help you, to get the HW natively supported but as a home licence user you can only use your hardware for 10 minutes per session of vdj and it's HIGHLY unlikely they will send you any files.

As of a skin, I think either you'd have to make your own, or once the HW is natively supported vdj staff MIGHT make a skin, but it is more likely [as with all auxiliary devices] that once you are licenced higher than home user [controller or full pro] you can request the talented skin creators of the community make a skin for you, but don't expect to receive their time and talent for free.

All that said, it looks like a nice unit, 14 encoders, 25 pressure [RGB?] pads, XY pad, quite a bit of bang for your buck.

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 1:22 pm
Hi to everyone!

I have a problem with the same controller, the Samson Conspiracy.

I'm configuring this controller with my Virtual DJ, but I don't know why, I can use it only with the left deck :/

I'm trying to change so many buttons but I can't use it with the right deck. Is there anyone who knows how to use it with two decks please?

Tnx!

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 5:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)