Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin: Dance Infinite (for dance teachers)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all!

I though long about whether I should or should not release this skin. But I thought it might be helpful for colleagues, so here it is.

I just submitted my skin called "Dance Infinite". It is a modification of DJDad's SWAP 4 Decks skin. I invested countless hours of work in making this more and more a workhorse for myself. I threw out functions that I dont need, others I placed differently. My goal was to have a skin that has a large browser area, and a large wave form, so I can "see" the song better. I am not using beatmatching a lot, for me more important is to find songs quickly and have as little distraction as possible.

I am using this skin with either my Macbook's keyboard or with a little Numark controller.

Some notes:

- I have very limited time and did this mainly for myself. So therefore the code is far away from being tidy and clean, and I am pretty much unable to deliver support. If people find this useful - great. Then use it like it is, or continue the work by adding your own modifications.
- I am running this skin on a 15' Macbook with Retina display, and I havent checked this on Windows and other resolution displays.
- I used the font "Roboto" that can be downloaded from Google. I like the clean and spacious look of it.
- To let the skin look like in the preview image, it is necessary to change the waveform color to "Ultra-Blue" and switch "Cover-Flow" off in the setting/options.

Hope this is useful to anybody. I appreciate comments and feedback. Especially I would love to hear from DJDad if he is OK with my modifications, as without his great work, I would never have been able to do this.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 3:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try ..
<browser lineheight="2.0">
</browser>
without this special fint and see if that works ?

If it works, please re-submit the skin with the new addition.
You can also offer a menu with a few line height options, so you need to have 3-4 <browser > elements with visibility and lineheight="1,0" (default), 2.0, 3.0 etc.

lineheight parameter has been recently added (will add to Wiki), and definetly works with custom browser (<folderslist>, <filelist> etc),- i have tested that, so probably works with <browser> as well.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 3:40 pm
Just did it. great to know that this works now. I have set it to Lineheight 1.4 and it looks good, so no need for Roboto.

I agree that a button/menu for selecting the line height would be cool, but as I mentioned, i have very limited time...

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 4:02 pm
Ok, no problem. I just need a preview image from you before i proceed with approval. Please upload one or use the screenshot

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 9:39 pm
I thought I uploaded a preview image (the screenshot), but I will do it again.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 9:42 pm

Posted Tue 09 May 17 @ 4:19 pm
Thanks for this skin.

My mods:
Move min/max/close to right side (as should be for PC). Move branding slightly left to create space.
Modify clock to display 12 hour (my preference). Click to switch between 12 & 24 with seconds.
Move VDJ logo to left, replacing min/max/close.
Modify 'key' display to show harmonic (my preference) but also be switchable between harmonic/key.

Posted Sun 14 May 17 @ 12:09 pm
Hi Groovin,

good modifications. As you might have guessed I am using a Mac and 24h time display here in Germany. I know there is a lot of potential to add/tweak in this skin, feel free to adjust what works best for you.

Fyi, I am using this skin with a controller, so many functions that are not included in the skin I access directly through the buttons/faders, like SYNC etc....

Posted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 2:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)