Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules DJ Control Compact Any good?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone have experience of using this with VDJ8? I am looking to get a cheapy backup controller as my XDJ-RX is showing a couple of imntermittent problems :-/
Cheers peeps!

Posted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 6:34 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
My experiences with hercules controllers have always been good. I've found their functionality reasonable and Their layout very workable, durability has always been good and if you don't like the button layout they're extremely diverse with a bit of mapping.

Come to think of it, I've heard very little negative feedback about Hercules controllers at all.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 17 @ 9:10 pm
I love my RMX2 because of the durability. I did not see a browse or load function on this controller, unless I missed something. What about pitch adjust or bend?

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 7:22 pm
I think my choice would be the Icon iDJ. Similar very small unit, but with a few more controls.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 7:43 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I love my RMX2 because of the durability. I did not see a browse or load function on this controller, unless I missed something. What about pitch adjust or bend?

there is no load buttons or pitch adjust/bend per say, but the potential of that thing mapper wise is top notch. i can see a rec butto which wouldnt be missed and also a scratch button that wont be misses, so those can become load buttons, also with there already being a mode and a shift button you can use shift and the jogs as a pitch adjust. that way with shift held you can alter pitch and with it not pressed the jog will act as normal.

ive found those little jogs pretty difficult to scratch with anywah and if the latency is out then theyre almost impossible to setup correctly to get a decent scratch performance. with my old mp3e2 i mapped some buttons to have 4-6 functions. so theres a lot that can be done with the extra mode and shift keys.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 7:48 pm
I took those two buttons rec and scratch, for video transition and pitch reset. I still think that for me, I would need a dedicated load button, and at least a pitch slider. The two button shift is a little much for normal functions like load. This is just an observation that I think should be taken into consideration, that others may have overlooked. I carry a DJ2GO in my bag, that doesn't have a many features as this controller, but it was free, making it the best backup controller on the planet.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 7:58 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I took those two buttons rec and scratch, for video transition and pitch reset. I still think that for me, I would need a dedicated load button, and at least a pitch slider. The two button shift is a little much for normal functions like load. This is just an observation that I think should be taken into consideration, that others may have overlooked. I carry a DJ2GO in my bag, that doesn't have a many features as this controller, but it was free, making it the best backup controller on the planet.

dj2go for free, deffo makes it a good controller lol, i dont really fuss about buttons not being labelled correctly as, if theyre function is of no use then it gets mapped to become something i will use. i think the HDJ CC, would be a good little controller with a few adjustments to the mapper.

Posted Sun 23 Apr 17 @ 8:34 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You could remap the play button to something like holding it for 2 sec will load the track into the deck.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 17 @ 8:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)