Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: izotope insight in virtual dj - routing problems?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

at a friends computer we wanna try out izotope insight. its a tool for displaying various visual audio informations like level meter, spectrograms, soundfields and so on. we can load it and all, but it seems to be routed wrong. in the virtual dj setup we setup everything the right way, it should be stereo only. since my friend uses 2 different soundcards (and i think one of the two is a surround soundcard) im not sure if that might is a problem. one of the soundcards is deactivated in the virtualdj audio setup though. (i think its the surround one)

strangely, izotope insight shows more channels than there really are, some of the modules like spectrogram or loudness meter doesnt display any information at all or it seems there is just mono incoming (for the soundfield one).

there also seems to be a center level in izotope insight, which doesnt gets any sound, as well as other channels called Ls and Lr that doesnt show anything too. those should be deactived though, cause i think its referring to the surround soundcard that should be deactivated.

i cannot setup the audio signals inside of izotope insight. so there must be something wrong with what audio channels virtual dj sents to the vst audio fx plugin.

is there anyway to setup this in the usual visual interface of virtual dj ore similair?

so all in all i would like to know how to get it to work to use only L R channel, and also only uses this sources for displaying everything?

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 11:38 am
If your "friend" is a VDJ user, it would be better for him to post here, then there would be less "I think".

Have you and your "friend" already been through the Insight Help Guide, Knowledge Base and Tutorials on the Izotope site?

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 5:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VirtualDJ only works with stereo, so it was only passing 2 channels to the plugin.
VirtualDJ didn't send the speaker arrangement to the plugin however, so it looks like it defaulted to 6 channel mode.
This will be fixed in the next update so that VirtualDJ lets the plugin know that it will only receive 2 channels.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 5:20 pm
@groovindj: he doesnt understand all this stuff as good as i do, including registering here and all, so i've done him a favor. the "i think" is just cause i am not that 100% certain, but it should be that way (only if i might oversaw something) since its not my computer and i am not that much experienced with surround sound on a pc. i think you can use common sense. i only said "i think" so if there might be a fault from my side, people could tell me and know instantnly that i wasnt 100% certain.

@adion: sounds like it makes sense... that might be the problem... thanks so much ... i would be glad to see this patched ... thanks a lot.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 17 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)