Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Very Limited!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

They need to change the name from Content Unlimited!!! What is going on!!! time to get new software! I cant get any songs... Gonna save ten bucks a month now!!!!

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 1:54 pm
Brookdude1 wrote :
They need to change the name from Content Unlimited!!! What is going on!!! time to get new software! I cant get any songs... Gonna save ten bucks a month now!!!!

You may have been using NetSearch without knowing it.
That was a free add-on to CU that grabbed content from the internet (like from youtube).
It was discontinued last fall for legal reasons (there a a lot of posts on this if you search for it)
Content Unlimited is based on iDJPool, which is based on Promo Only licenses. It mostly have newer tracks and a lot of remixes

You currently have a couple of options besides Content Unlimited:

- Switch to a software that has another provider. The other well-known legal content provider for DJs is Pulselocker. A few other softwares use this. But PulseLocker is also based on Promo Only licenses, so the content is also restricted like Content Unlimited. I find that they have a little more older music, but also lots of covers

- Use the new Spotify or Deezer integrations in Virtual DJ. That works great (especially Deezer), but remember that Spotify and Deezer are only licensed for home/personal use

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 2:06 pm
i quited content unlimited, does not work as expected, they dont need my money, bad product

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 12:38 am
maybe time to actually buy music?
if you have online access and are trying to use this at a gig then you have access to the digital stores as well. Content Unlimited is not a crutch you should put your weight on for all your music. that isn't it's purpose.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 1:58 am
just signed up and going unsigned straight away

just searched frankie valli and got december 1963 (ONLY)

Posted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 5:12 pm
....and it's been said many times on here (including just above) that the iDJPool catalogue is mainly new material - which makes sense IMO as working DJs should already have back catalogue of their own - especially well known artists like Frankie Valli / Four Seasons.

Posted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 5:25 pm
i have enjoyed the music from content unlimited up until the past couple weeks. I am signed in , using 7.4.7 pro and searching Content Unlimited Audio (not netsearch) and it pulls up not one song. Not even 24k magic, Brickhouse, Drake etc. Just curious. I did log out and back in but nothing different.
any thoughts.

Posted Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 11:16 pm
another quiter

Posted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 12:35 am
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
i have enjoyed the music from content unlimited up until the past couple weeks. I am signed in , using 7.4.7 pro and searching Content Unlimited Audio (not netsearch) and it pulls up not one song. Not even 24k magic, Brickhouse, Drake etc. Just curious. I did log out and back in but nothing different.
any thoughts.

It doesn't look like a general issue

I've tested "24k magic" in 7.4.7:

And Drake:

Posted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 4:41 am
I call bull i look for newer songs and fine nothing nada zip

Edited for language by AMAHM

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 7:39 pm
jmsteed4334 wrote :
i look for newer songs

Such as.....?

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 7:50 pm
Why do people use these services, I find it easier, if something is asked for that i dont have, its usually on 99cents, why not just buy it?

Posted Sat 20 May 17 @ 11:55 am
.....because people (not "real DJs" IMO) expect music to be free these days, unfortunately.

They don't place a value on it because it's no longer supplied on a physical media. It doesn't exist as a physical item, therefore it's not worth anything. They can access it for free on streaming sites (or illegal sharing sites) so they don't see the need to pay for it.

Posted Sat 20 May 17 @ 1:18 pm
Yeah, well I bet they have a different view when they get asked to do a gig for free :)

Posted Sat 20 May 17 @ 1:42 pm
Hello, I am considering both ContentUnlimited as well as the service for Videos. Could someone tell me how diverse the genre's are and also how far back they go?

I primarily play house, pop dance, deep house and disco, from as far back as the 60's all the way to present day.

Thanks!

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 4:39 pm
Test it yourself. :-)

You don't have to subscribe to perform a search. Give it a try (best to be very specific when searching) and if you don't like the results, don't subscribe. :-)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)