Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wifi crashing VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mrjmgPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so i have windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop and the other day i see windows did a update and now vdj either crashes or skips. I did a fresh clean install of vdj to the latest build and what I found is if I turn wifi off problem solved. Anyone else notice this?

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 5:41 pm
I have not experienced this and I update to the newest build all the time. What build are you referring too?

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 5:53 pm
v8.2 b3573

it is doing it on two different laptops. they are both Toshiba.
One is a 15 the other is a i7 and all tweaked to vdj as i have been running vdj on pcs for a long time. This just started and im wondering if it is cause of the windows update

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 6:16 pm
Interesting. Maybe a developer can say how often VDJ 'phones home' during use and if it's not able to do so it might cause adverse problems. I don't want to make any wild guesses but can you be more clear about how often after you start VDJ that it crashes and how much into a song before you notice a skip?

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 7:11 pm
i notice it about 15 to 30 sec into a song then vdj does a slight pause and then the song continues to play, then every so often vdj crashes reopens and goes right on to the song it was playing while it crashed. If it was one pc i be like ok but it is happening on two machines, it could be with the latest windows 10 updates and i update windows as they come out.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 7:16 pm
So ok that's pretty immediate so those are usually easier to debug. Do you have anything else similar on both laptops like similar addon plugins? Maybe try disabling them especially if you at one point in time added plugins to your autostart folder. Maybe they are more susceptible. Just throwing out ideas until you hear from the big guns.

I'm curious now, I have to see if I have a toshiba laptop laying around and will try it. I have a few but no i think no toshibas.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 7:22 pm
Also this might help:
Click in order (Unless you're using classic menu choose PC Settings on the step below)
Start menu
Settings
Update & Security
Windows Update.
Advanced Options
“View your update history”
Click the “Successfully installed on [date]” link to read what it does if it indeed affects wifi or network or something else

Notice the date and think if it happened after that date.. Might as well list it here for us to maybe get an idea

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 7:28 pm
maybe there was a wifi driver update in that update for your machine

might wana roll back that driver or just disable it.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 17 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)