Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: reading zip files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, I am using virtual dj8 and I can only load zip files for karaoke videos. I use to be able to drag and load a separate video and audio file on virtual DJ 7 pro does anyone know if there is an option I can use to be able to drag both video and mp3 files instead of just zip files?

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 5:07 am
If I understand your post correctly, you've got some karaoke tracks that are not zipped? They are separate audio and video files, and you want to play them together?

Why not just zip them, so they are together?

Alternatively I think you'd need to overlay each audio file with each video file by using the video editor. See the manual.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 9:05 am
If you mean CDG-Files, then you can load the mp3 to one of the players. The (same named) CDG-File will load automatically with the mp3.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 1:54 pm
^^ Yes that is correct, they don't need to be zipped as long as they have the same name. Lots of mine are not zipped.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 2:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
If I understand your post correctly, you've got some karaoke tracks that are not zipped? They are separate audio and video files, and you want to play them together?

Why not just zip them, so they are together?

Alternatively I think you'd need to overlay each audio file with each video file by using the video editor. See the manual.

I used to be able to highlight and drag both the Mp3 and the video file to the player but now it won't recognize it or just play the mp3. it's a hassle to zip every file since I have thousands and thousands and I can't do it on the fly when people request the song. i was using VDJ 7 pro and i didn't have this problem. thanks for answering my question

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 3:45 am
djragman wrote :
If you mean CDG-Files, then you can load the mp3 to one of the players. The (same named) CDG-File will load automatically with the mp3.

I tried that. the music will play but the words and the karaoke guide won't appear on the screen. sometimes it just won't read it at all and I'll get an error message.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 3:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you drag them from within virtualdj?
VirtualDJ must know about the files, so they have to be added to the virtualdj database first.
After that you can still use explorer/finder to drag them.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 6:50 am
Adion wrote :
VirtualDJ must know about the files, so they have to be added to the virtualdj database first.

no. I use an external hard drive and they are not loaded on the VDJ database. i usually open a file from windows, search my hard drive and drag the song to deck 1 or 2 .

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 4:57 am

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
STRIFE-45 wrote :
Adion wrote :

no. I use an external hard drive and they are not loaded on the VDJ database. i usually open a file from windows, search my hard drive and drag the song to deck 1 or 2 .

You can right-click the drive within virtualdj and select add to database.
After that vdj knows which mp3 files have a matching cdg file, so even when you use windows explorer to drag after, it will correctly detect the cdg and show it.

Posted Sun 26 Mar 17 @ 1:31 pm
Adion wrote :
STRIFE-45 wrote :
Adion wrote :

You can right-click the drive within virtualdj and select add to database.
After that vdj knows which mp3 files have a matching cdg file, so even when you use windows explorer to drag after, it will correctly detect the cdg and show it.

tried that, it still shows an ERROR message on the player. maybe i did something wrong while adding to DB, but I'll Try it again. Thanks to all of you for answering my question. i apreciate it.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 4:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)