Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: crash ..wont open after update

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

opened virtual dj then the window opens saying theres an update ..so i update and now virtual dj is stuck trying to open

went to my license page downloaded version there and same thing vdj will not open

macbook pro 10.9.5
virtualdj 8.2 xx

[youtube]https://youtu.be/35oJlKFhVTk[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/35oJlKFhVTk

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 2:40 pm
djdad wrote :
Video is probably private ? Cant open/view.

Do you get some kind of a Mac Report window when trying to open VirtualDJ ?

Try to rename your settings.xml file in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder to oldsettings.xml and open VirtualDJ again. If it opens, send us the oldsettings.xml file (upload the file and send link via PM or email at babis@virtualdj.com) to take a look.

no mac report will send ..remaned settings.xml to steeingsold.xml now when i click on any music folder it crashes

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:15 pm
dj t boogie wrote :
opened virtual dj then the window opens saying theres an update ..so i update and now virtual dj is stuck trying to open

went to my license page downloaded version there and same thing vdj will not open

macbook pro 10.9.5
virtualdj 8.2 xx

[youtube]https://youtu.be/35oJlKFhVTk[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/35oJlKFhVTk

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dj t boogie wrote :
... when i click on any music folder it crashes

does it happen with all folders or some specific ones ?

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:25 pm
all folded even folders on external

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:27 pm
i sent the link to you

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The crash appears to be related to a corrupt jpeg file.
Could you try to clear the Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache\Covers folder?

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:30 pm
do you want me to erase its contents? erasing it now

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:35 pm
yes

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:36 pm
ok now what should i do next
..btw thanks guys for the help

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:37 pm
just sent them to trash.. still crashing was vdj supposed to make a new settings database? cause i only see the one i renamed as old

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:38 pm
so i notice if i change old settings file to just settings.xml vdj will not open and if i leave it as old settings.xml it crash when i click on any folder with music in it ..i also hear my cd drive make a should although nothings in it ..as if its turning on or something ..never noticed this before

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 5:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you say it crashes when selecting any folder with music in, are those "real" folders or Crates ?
BTW, i emailed you with some instructions to provide some info/data to reproduce.

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 6:01 pm
djdad wrote :
When you say it crashes when selecting any folder with music in, are those "real" folders or Crates ?
BTW, i emailed you with some instructions to provide some info/data to reproduce.

both ..i can click on anything and VDJ crash even with nothing connected right now the external hard drive is unhooked and it crashed again
i got the email ..but its any folder but i can send something if you like

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 6:43 pm
so i thought i reinstalled 3471 but i just checked build and its still showing 3638 maybe i should try to remove then install fresh?

Posted Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 6:52 pm
Is thwrw a way i a get a ctash report and send it. Doesnt make sense to upload a foder when it seems its not the music that is causing my problem because ally music is on wxternal and it doea this even when its not connexted

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 1:13 pm
Update ..did complete uninstall and reinstall of vdj .so far its working ..thanks

Posted Sat 25 Mar 17 @ 2:52 pm

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 4:06 pm

Posted Tue 28 Mar 17 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)