Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Storing information in metadata

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Are cue points, loops and other information stored in the metadata so other dj software can read it?

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 10:10 am
no they are only stored in the database

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 10:11 am

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 10:02 am
That's Serato. VDJ stores the additional info in the database file which is better IMO.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 10:09 am
that is a serato forum what do they know about VDJ?

serato stores stuff in the tags, VDJ does not.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 10:09 am
kradcliffe wrote :
VDJ stores the additional info in the database file which is better IMO.

Yeah and no, I mean if you dont backup your database and something happens your screwed. Or for example I woke up this morning and to of my databases are corrupted for no reason!! So now I lost everything for around 20,000 tracks/vidoes.

And this is probably the 5th or 6th time this has happened to me since I started using VDJ 8.

At least with SDJ if something happens I still have all my cues and loops.....

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 12:55 pm
I thought there might be a universal way of storing the data and using it in other DJ software.

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 12:59 pm
Ah, if only....

No, there's no standard between the various DJ programs for storing cue points etc.

However, there is a program called Rekord Buddy which aims to make things easier, by allowing import/export and conversion. At the moment though, it's Mac only and it doesn't support VDJ.

Personally I dislike having my files modified by DJ software that doesn't use a database. I like to keep the original file dates.

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 1:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Personally I dislike having my files modified by DJ software that doesn't use a database. I like to keep the original file dates.

I totally agree. When I play with other brands of DJ software I only let them touch copies of my music files, which I later delete, for this exact purpose

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 1:24 pm
groovindj wrote :

No, there's no standard between the various DJ programs for storing cue points etc.

However, there is a program called Rekord Buddy which aims to make things easier, by allowing import/export and conversion. At the moment though, it's Mac only and it doesn't support VDJ..

Your right Rekord Buddy do aim to make it easier but it do support VDJ8. You just need a mac. I've been watching the Rekord Buddy forum very closely and Rekord Buddy is making very close to make it probably.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 10:53 am
klausmogensen wrote :
groovindj wrote :

I totally agree. When I play with other brands of DJ software I only let them touch copies of my music files, which I later delete, for this exact purpose

I use mix in key with VDJ8... If anything, VDJ is king in a adapting to other software... I don't see it any different to Rekord Buddy. We just need to be part of the development so we are not playing catch up. There is not reason that serato and tracktor is the only one supported by rekord buddy... We are a great DJ software and we need to show that...

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 11:07 am
Two days ago, Next.audio has annonced his 2.1 beta version of Rekord Budy wich is now compatible with windows (Yes!) and the support for Mixed in key...
He is finishing the support for Itunes as well.
https://next.audio/announcing-the-2-1-public-beta-program/

And, there is a Rekord Budy Roadmad at this adress:
https://trello.com/b/PungvY7X/rekord-buddy-roadmap

As you can see, with 21 votes, VDJ is actually the most demanded software to be supported in a near future (VDJ is in blue ? Maybe supported in a version 2.3 or 2.4?)
Don't hesitate to vote and stay tuned.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 3:12 pm
PRESTIGE SONORISATION wrote :
2.1 beta version of Rekord Budy wich is now compatible with windows

No, the 2.1 beta is still Mac only. It's just the back end (database) which is now cross platform.

There is no Windows version of Rekord Buddy yet.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 4:46 pm
Sorry! I had misunderstood...
So not yet.
But apparently, he is working on a windows version

Posted Thu 30 Mar 17 @ 5:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)