Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: FILTER FOLDER QUESTION

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello my fellow DJ's i need some help....i made a Filter Folder called Dirty Versions and the script is like this = (File name contains "dirty" or file name contains "explicit" or title contains "dirty" or title contains "explicit") this way when i add new music to my DJ laptop all the Dirty Versions go into this folder...then i go through it & use the Tag Editor to color all those songs Red... so as i'm DJing i know what songs are the dirty versions...

My Question is how can i add to the Script So VDJ will auto Color these Red ? thanx for any help/Advice

Posted Tue 28 Feb 17 @ 2:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant. Filter Folders dont execute any VDJ Script verbs, they just filter your database based on the given criteria.
There could be some script we could come up , to assign to a custom/keyboard button and batch color all files in a Filter Folder, but still you would need to press that button/key every time new tracks are added to that Filter Folder. Would that help ?

Posted Tue 28 Feb 17 @ 2:36 am
djdad wrote :
You cant. Filter Folders dont execute any VDJ Script verbs, they just filter your database based on the given criteria.
There could be some script we could come up , to assign to a custom/keyboard button and batch color all files in a Filter Folder, but still you would need to press that button/key every time new tracks are added to that Filter Folder. Would that help ?

thanx for the fast reply :-) naw thats okay on the button thing sir.. i'll just have to stay on top of it LOL thank u

Posted Tue 28 Feb 17 @ 2:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)