Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Conversion woes....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Converting all audio tracks to .m4a, 3 days and about 3 or 4 more to go....sheeeeesh....

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I hope you don't mean converting mp3's that you already had to m4a, but converting original cd's, wav"s or flac"s.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:24 pm
Adion wrote :
I hope you don't mean converting mp3's that you already had to m4a, but converting original cd's, wav"s or flac"s.

Everything...wma..wave...mp3...flac...except my videos of course.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:51 pm
Why would you do that .... converting already compressed files to a different format will lessen the quality.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 6:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Indeed not sure what you want to achieve with that, except for lowering quality without leaving any obvious signs.

wma I might understand if you need to use them on equipment other than vdj that may not support wma, but mp3 is so commonly supported that it doesn't make any sense at all.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 7:25 pm
Well every device I have supports .m4a, and from my test and studies, the quality usually remains the same as the mp3 and really who can tell. And the one major reason because I want too. The music I care about I have on Vinyl and CDs so if needed I can rip again. This new music is so garbage low quality doesnt really effect it,,,lol

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 10:10 pm
adion check you IM's...I sent you a question

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 10:31 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm wondering what we can get away with from an audio quality point of view?
Occasionally I play a poor quality file beefing it up with a little echo (hardware not software), and a little bass. It sounds acceptable to my old ears.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 12:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)