Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: vdj and ddj sz not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI i seem to be not getting any help with this
since i updated the asio drivers will not work. i cant get the controller to work and i have no idea what to do. i keep getting asio error

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 8:28 pm

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 9:23 pm
can you tell me how to re-install the viso driver

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 1:20 pm
download the file and install in again?

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 1:44 pm
I downloaded the updated and reinstalled firmwar and still the same problems. is there anyone who can get on line and take a look. i have a gig in two hours

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 2:57 pm
HI ok this is strange, i always plug in my usb on my left side i have 2 usbs on the left and right. bolth the usbs on the left are not connecting with the ddj sz but the second i plugged the controller/ usb into either of the usb ports on the right side it started to work fine so any idea why the ports on the left side stopped working for the controller? my mouse and external hard drive work fine on the left side just not the controller? any thoghts or ideas, because i have to tell amienware and have there teck fix it.thanks for the help. i can relax now.

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:35 pm
When you plug your DDJ-SZ on the left side it's quite possible that Windows are using it's soundcard as their default playback device.
ASIO drivers don't like that and fail to initialize.

Solution:
1. Plug your DDJ-SZ on your "left" side USB port
2. Go on Control Panel -> Sound applet
3. Make sure that DDJ-SZ soundcard is not used as Windows default playback and/or communications device (does NOT have a green icon on it)
4. Try again

If you have more USB ports repeat the above procedure for the rest USB ports as Windows remember your settings not globally but for each different USB port.

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)