Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using Gemini CDJ - 700 (MIDI or HID) with Virtual DJ or Traktor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to have a screen readout on the Gemini unit with MIDI or HID control or just on the computer screen?
Examples for screen readout: track selection, wave pattern, pitch, bpm.
Also, what is the total price to use Virtual DJ?

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 4:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The LCD screen shows Artist/Title, BPM, Pitch, Time and Song progress when used with VirtualDJ
You can unlock and fully use the controller by purchasing a Plus Controller, a Pro Infinity or a Pro Subscription License http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 8:16 pm
So, the price is the same even if it is just for home use and not professional use?
There is no basic controller connection available cheaper for this unit?
Why is the price $49-$149 for different controllers, why is this controller more?

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 11:12 pm
Home use and not professional use? They mean the same thing. If you want to go pro, it will cost you a one time fee of $299.00 or $19.00 per month. Why are there different prices for different controllers? Because they are different. You want heated seats, and heated steering wheel, it will cost you more for those options. Basic controllers are basic. You want an advanced controller that does more, it cost more to offer those features. It takes more time, effort, and more code for those advanced features. It's the same with Windows Home, or Windows Pro.

Get the Pro version, and you can use with any controller, and all updates are free.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 2:27 am
Home use means the same as professional use?
So professional recording studio DJ's pay the same as someone just practicing or playing some tracks at home?

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 8:32 pm
Please read your post again. Please read the first line of my post again. If you want to quote me, please do not omit words.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 9:09 pm
My mistake, I meant home use or professional use is the same price then?

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 2:47 am
No, home use is free. Some controllers come with an LE version, that will let you use that controller only. You can buy a version for a controller that you own, but again that would limit you to that controller. You can buy a monthly subscription that will let you use any controller. Or you can just go for the one time fee and buy the pro version, and be done with it. Look here.

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 7:15 am
To use a controller like (Gemini CDJ -700) with USB for home use, there is a one time payment, of $149 found under advanced home user?
I am confused on what is free exactly still?

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 1:51 pm

Posted Sun 19 Feb 17 @ 3:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 12:36 pm
What is a Virtual DJ LE code, and how do I get one? Does it come in the box of purchasing Virtual DJ software from a store?
It says something about specific controller discounts also.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 5:54 pm
The LE version of VDJ is supplied only with certain hardware. To get it, you buy the hardware.

It's very basic, designed to work only with that hardware and just to allow you to get going straight away.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 5:59 pm
Final question: Is it possible to try Virtual DJ with a controller just to sample for 10 minutes or something?
How can I see if it what I want? Can I play HD track like 96khz/24-bit also?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 6:26 pm
Yes, that's the standard trial time for VDJ. You can test it with your hardware for ten minutes.

As for file types, I imagine that if your hardware supports it then it should be fine - but personally I don't see the point.

Unless you've got ears like a bat, a hugely expensive esoteric pile of hifi equipment and high end playback gear (i.e. not Gemini) standard CD quality will be fine.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 6:35 pm
Thanks everyone for the help!

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 6:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)