Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Any video skin that allows deck output selection like the base skin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have downloaded some skins specific for video and the features they have are great but not for the way I use video when I am doing video.

I typically use 3 or 4 decks with 1 and 2 being my main decks for videos and songs. When I am playing a song that doesn't have a video I will load a video or the milkdrop effect on decks 3 and 4 and use my crossfader to control which video is being displayed since I don't use my crossfader for the audio.

The default 4 deck skin allows me to select which deck 1 or 3 or 2 or 4 is being sent to the main mix output. This works great for me but it also doesn't preview the proper deck selected, and the video portion is pretty small compared to some of the skins people have created for video specifically.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a skin better for video that has the deck selection feature for what is being output to video without having to select that deck as the deck I am controlling with my controller?

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 3:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Why not just set Milkdrop (or Slideshow) as VideoAudioOnlyVisualizasion setting from Options ? Will automatically display the Visualization on audio tracks.

Alternatively you can use the action deck X over_video to force the Video Output of Deck X to be displayed on Master. You can map 4 Custom buttons (dont have to search for a custom skin) as deck 1 over_video, deck 2 over_video ... deck 4 over_video.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 5:56 am
Thanks
I'll check into the custom mapping.

Sometimes when playing audio only I will use milkdrop on one deck and some random cult movie clips or anime on the other and set the fade somewhere inbetween with luma or other effect to give it a little more then just the milkdrop visualization. This is why I like the way the default skin lets me choose on video mode.

I may start to get lazy and just use the visualization on audio only tracks though, kind of depends how ambitious I am during the night :)

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 12:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you want "mix" video between various decks (and not "force" any), you can use the Left/Right Video Crossfader assign buttons (see image)
So, you can force which deck will be set as Left or Right side of the Video crossfader, and when you want to revert to the "automatic" selection (based on which deck is set as LEFT or RIGHT from the decks) you can right-click on those buttons (all should be off when in "auto")

You can also use the following actions (used in those buttons) ...
deck X leftvideo (sets deck X as Left Side of the video crossfader)
deck X rightvideo (sets deck X as Right Side of the video crossfader)
leftvideo 'auto' (sets left side f Video crossfader to "auto")
rightvideo 'auto' (sets right side of the Video Crossfader to "auto")

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 11:55 am
Yes exactly as your screenshot shows is what I use today.
I am not a huge fan of the default skin though and it seem to be the only one that has this feature on the skin itself. Thats what sparked my initial quesion was wondering if there are any more video friendly skins that have this feature on the skin.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 7:12 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 12:36 pm

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 1:12 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Lol true sorry !

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 3:11 pm
The V8 Fruit Skin is actually the Skin I use all the time for non video 2 deck sets I do, and is the skin I prefer. I thought I tried the video and it didn't work how I wanted. I'm going to have to do some more testing.
Thanks for the great skin, I love all the option

Posted Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 2:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)