Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Synchronize downbeat and play sync by a custom button - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi
I want to configure a custom button with functions play_sync and synchronize downbeat (beatcounter deck 1 = beatcounter deck 2).
I tried with play_sync, play_sync_onbeat, goto_bar and get_beatcounter but didn’t get far. Could you please help me?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 2:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So to understand essentially you want to press a button at any time and have the beat counter of the new track sync with the playing track?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 5:03 pm
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Yes, that is true. The new track should start to play with same speed and same beat number (1 to 16) at the beat counter like the playing track. But it must not change the cbg of any of the tracks, it was hard work to put them all in the right Position :-).

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 8:34 pm
OtonzHome userMember since 2016
Click the Sync button, select smart play... that's it. Any song you play would fall through

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 9:11 pm
This will sync the bpm and start the track. That's the one part of the challenge. The other part is, that the track jumps to the same beatnumber as of the playing track.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 9:24 pm
It might be a scripting issue.
I tried such things like: 'play_sync & goto_bar(get_beatcounter)'
It didn't work with any other kinds of brackets or changing the order. Maybe it would work as I sat the reply of 'get_beatcounter' into a variable and then use it with 'goto_bar'. So the track would jump to the same beatnumber the other track is at at this moment.
But as I'm not too familiar with scripting, especially using variables I'm begging for some help from a scripting expert.

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 6:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could also simply change the globalQuantize setting to 4 beats instead of 1 beat.

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 6:28 am
Doesn't jump to the beat of the other playing track then. Even if I changed the globalQuantize to 2, 4 or 16.

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 6:52 am
Try 32

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 9:30 am
Just tried, no change. track begins to play from the beat position it stood

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 9:44 am
Hi locodog. I read a few of your posts to other topics and I'm deeply impressed about the solutions you deliver with excellent scripts!
Maybe you can help me to discover a script, which meets the above mentioned.
The script has to start the track sync to the playing: this is what 'play_sync' does
To find out, which beatnumber the playing track is at: 'get_beatcounter' seems to be the right one.
The track has to jump to this defined beat position within the 16 beats: this maybe, what ‘goto_bar’ does. But 'goto_bar' makes the track jump a defined number of beats, not to an absolute value like „12“.
Would it be possible by script to meet the actual beat position of the active track?

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 11:24 am
I'll have a look when I get to machine.

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 12:23 pm
There is a similar topic: „How To“ where they try to get the beatmatch within the 4 beats. It is at the point, that it doesn‘t seem to be possible to use the ‚goto_bar‘ with a variable.
Maybe another approach could be to write a program loop which practices ‚goto +1‘ as long as the beat is on the right position?

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 9:00 am
Mashoko, DO NOT hijack other peoples threads when your query is completely unrelated.
Also DO NOT ask how to bypass the end user licence agreement, this is a professional software, act like a professional.

Posted Tue 21 Feb 17 @ 11:00 am
Mashoko, I have leveled your post for two reasons. It was unrelated to the topic, and home users are not allowed to leave personal contact information. Your user name has your email address in it.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 3:47 am
Hi
I still appreciate any ideas how to solve this issue.
Could anyone help me please?
Regards, Norbert

Posted Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 8:19 pm
richter.lang wrote :
Hi
I still appreciate any ideas how to solve this issue.
Could anyone help me please?
Regards, Norbert

Did you ever find a solution?

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 4:17 pm
pLease teach me

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 5:33 pm
No, I didn't.

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 7:35 pm
I meant, that I didnt find a solution :-)

Posted Mon 15 Oct 18 @ 7:40 pm
95%