Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio over Ethernet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Heya... I use VDJ for break music during live acts, and lately i am no longer able to plug my PC output into the mixer, be cause it is on stage, and I am not. The mixer can accept Audio over ethernet on any channel, so is there a way to get VDJ to send it's output over ethernet?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 3:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is audio over ethernet?
Is it just a standard to put spdif or analog audio on ethernet wires but otherwise no actual network standard?

Or is there an actual standard protocol running on ip protocol that the mixer understands?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 6:08 am

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 5:43 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You would need to know the mixer's model then, and find the specs of the ethernet port.
Then you may be able to find an audio interface/converter box that can put a line output on an ethernet cable in a way that is compatible with your mixer.

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 7:52 pm

Posted Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 5:34 pm
couldnt you do like a wireless mic pack into your outs on your controller?

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 12:23 am
Why not just using a long analog cable which has a good thickness and shielding. A balanced connection is for sure better for long distances, but I dont know if you have an external audio device that offers balanced outputs. Cables are always more reliable than wireless connections.

@lucas: wireless mic devices dont work for two reasons: 1. the output level of a sound card / mixer is line level, which is far higher that a mic delivers. 2. A mic is usually mono, and we want stereo, no?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 6:53 pm
@sound&silence Ethernet is not wireless. Maybe you are confused with Wi-Fi.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 7:11 pm
Sound&Silence wrote :
wireless mic devices dont work for two reasons:

IEM then.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 17 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)