Forum: General Discussion

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Topic: Backpack for Pioneer DDJ SB (Help)
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a pioneer ddj sz, a ddj sx and just got a ddj sb for small gigs with tight space.
I also ride motorcycles (kawasaki zx14r) and i want to be able to take the SB with me to gigs on my back when I ride.

I'm looking for a backpack that will fit the pioneer ddj sb, my laptop and headphones.

I was looking at the Magma digi beatpack. They have the large and Xl. It will fit in the Xl but will it fit in the large? I want the smallest backpack that will fit my SB.

What other options might I have?

Also, anyone know what controller is in this video? That could help me determine if the SB will fit in the large.

https://youtu.be/DKAbWzDtKdo

Thank in advance

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 5:19 pm
locodogPRO InfinityMember since 2013
use the mixware site it lists the internal dimensions,

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 5:47 pm
The site says the internal measurement is 18 x 12 x 6 for the large. The Xl is 22 x 12 x 6
The SB is 19 x 10.5 x 1.5

I know that sometimes bag measurements are not 100% and you can fit slightly larger things in them even if it's a little tight.

Trying to find out if the SB will fit in the smaller backpack because the outside measurements are 23″ x 13″ x 9″ for the Xl and that's kind of big and long to have on my back while riding a motorcycle.
The smaller backpack measures 20″ x 13″ x 9″ on the outside.
3 inches makes a difference.

If I knew what controller is in the video, I could figure out if the SB would fit.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 7:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityMember since 2013

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 10:53 pm
I got the stashpack. The SB2 fits as well as the laptop but nothing else.
Can't fit my headphones.

So...
Nobody knows what controller is in the video?

Posted 5 days ago @ 11:53 pm
Those are both Hercules controllers. Forget the model names.

Take a peek at the Namba Gear backpacks. I could fit a Denon 6000 (good fit) or a Vestax VCI-400 (very tight fit) into the Big Namba Studio bag, and they now make a model one size larger. One of the best bags I've ever owned and I'd still be using it if I could fit in my current gear. Plus, it's a little more aerodynamic than most, which might be nice on a bike.

Posted 5 days ago @ 12:28 am
I sent the stashpack back. Ordered the beatpack L.
It might be to me tomorrow, Friday the latest.

Hope it fits the great I need to put into it. Guess I will find out in a day or two. If it is still too small then I will get the Xl.

Posted 5 days ago @ 3:46 am
DAMN!!!
The large was just a tad too small.
Magma Digi Beatpack Xl on the way.

Posted 3 days ago @ 5:51 pm