Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: use jogwheel like a jogwheel

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

skillaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi all
So I currently have a Hercules MK2 as a controller that I use just to control my timecodes.

Prior to getting the pro version I used the version that came with the controller. There was an option on there that said 'Use jogwheel to scratch'
So when I unclicked that, jogwheels worked like it should.
I want to have the functionality of the jogwheels to temporarily slow down or speed up the track (like a jogwheel)
How do I do this? I'm sure it's simple but not seeing it anywhere. Currently under controller when I select the jogwheel it says audio scratch or something like that, but I do not see a audio jogwheel type function. Also under options if I choose no for vinyl mode the jogwheels are effectively disabled

Again. sure it's simple, just not seeing it
TIA

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 12:04 am
You should use the "Factory Default" mapper in the mappings tab and disable "Vinyl Mode" on the deck options on VirtualDj GUI.

One thing to concern though: In previous versions of VirtualDj when you used the jogwheel to speed up /slow down the track, it's pitch would also change (temporarily) resulting an audio effect similar to a turntable.
However on VirtualDj 8 when you speed up / slow down a track with "Keylock" or "Master Tempo" enabled the pitch of the track won't change.
This may make you think that the jogwheels don't function (compared to v7 that you could always hear their effect) but they do. They just alter the tempo and keep the current pitch/key (similar to pressing the pitch bend buttons on V7)

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:52 am
skillaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ahhhhh .. That seems to be the issue. It was working. Just wasn't listening closely enough.

Thanks man

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 10:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)