Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need a fix or Virtual DJ 8 Video Freezing using MacBook Pro - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

RockyGCPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi

Im using VDJ 8 on my Mac Book Pro and have been having issues with videos freezing; the music continues to play, however the video freezes. After a while the video starts up again and catches up with the track. I've searched everywhere to find a fix (for a Mac Book, using VDJ 8) but everything ive found either relates to VDJ7 or a Windows OS. Can anyone help please? It looks really unprofessional when im working and the videos just stop; plus its driving me mad! Thanks

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 12:21 pm
humpydPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi, I am having the same problem, also in karaoke mode CDg´s freeze

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 7:13 pm
Which Mac book pro, which OS, what are the specs for the machine, video card? Which types of videos, what are the video configurations in VDJ?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 9:42 pm

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 10:55 pm
RockyGCPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Specs:

Mixer:
Pioneer DDJ SX2 (latest firmware installed)

VDJ 8
2 TB External Hard Drive

MacBook Pro Retina:
macOS Sierra
Version 10.12.1
Processor 2.2 GHz i7
Memory 16 GB, but also using external 2TB hard drive
Display 15.4 (2880 x 1800)
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Playing music vids on multiple screens in the bar, in standard format such as MP3, MP4, etc.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 4:56 am
Hmm running a 2012 MacBook with El Cap, DJM/CDJ setup with a 3 tb external and other midi devices hooked up and I have yet to experience this.

Have you tried running VDJ with nothing attached (midi controllers, etc...) and see if it still happens?

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 5:30 am
Is your Mac getting hot ? Install smc fan control

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 9:25 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Is your Mac getting hot ? Install smc fan control

Someone had suggested that to me, which I downloaded. Fan was working properly. Mac temp was in the 60-65 degree Celsius range which looking online seems normal. I don't believe it was a case of the mac overheating.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 1:41 pm
Hi all, Yesterday i changed my setup, i used VGA and not HDMI output to the Beamer........... No Problem at all , i also installed smc fan.
this morning i tried HDMI again after about 1,5 hours the video´s started freezing, smc fan working , no over heating . funny thing is ... windows pc has been running for 2 hours and no problem (HDMI)

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 12:04 pm
your Mac has a VGA output or did you use an adapter?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:14 pm
i used a adapter, i am now looking for Thunderbolt/HDMI 10m long without using an adapter

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 2:41 pm
Amazon sells one. I switch between the HDMI out and using a thunderbolt>HDMI adapter but don't think it makes a difference for the freezing. Let me know if you feel otherwise. thx

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:15 pm
Does this freeze happen when your ONLY using your laptop (NO hardware hooked up what so ever), does it happen when your external drive isn't hooked up??

Does this happen with most videos or is it just a few or totally random??

At the time of the freeze what are you doing??

Your really gonna have to break this down so we can isolate the problem.

As I've said, I have yet to see this "freeze" and I 2 5 hour gigs every weekend and I practice daily.

My MacBook and PC are nothing special (MacBook runs El Cap and PC runs Windows 8.1).

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 5:53 pm
Does this freeze happen when your ONLY using your laptop (NO hardware hooked up what so ever), does it happen when your external drive isn't hooked up?? - DDJ SX2 and LaCie Rugged 2TB HD

Does this happen with most videos or is it just a few or totally random?? - I usually only play the 10-15 montage that is made for the guest of honor(s). Occasionally Ill play promo only music videos.

At the time of the freeze what are you doing?? - Nothing taxing on the system, just cuing up the next song.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 7:32 pm
Hi again, if your mac is still freezing try downloading Memory Clean (free) from the app store, it cleaned 1,5GB RAM on my Mac meaning more RAM for VDJ
Regards Derek

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 11:05 am
thanks. It only cleared 350MB, but can't hurt!

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 2:46 pm

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 11:18 am
After i open the deck of effects,The virtual dj was like glitch pls fix it

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 11:41 am
Hi,

Please start a new thread regarding your issues. This post is about video issues on a Mac and not effects.

Thanks

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 11:44 am
ppmix1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi, I am having the same problem :(

Posted Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 8:56 am
95%