Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Gemini GV4 Crossfader Channel Assign problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a new Gemini G4V and it works quite well. I am having one issue that I can't figure out.

The first thing I did was upgraded to the latest firmware for the G4V.

In VDJ7, I can use Shift and the Crossfader Channel Assign buttons to assign any of the 4 channels to left or right on the cross fader. I have to press the shift button and one of the 4 Crossfader Channel buttons to toggle it. (If I don't use shift, nothing happens, which is acceptable.) It works perfectly. The lights toggle and the indicators change in VDJ. All of the other controls seem to work correctly as well.

In VDJ8, all of the controls seem to work properly except the Crossfader Channel Assign buttons. I can use Shift and 1 to toggle channel 1 on the left side of the deck. I can use Shift and 2 to toggle channel 2 on the right side of the deck. They update in the GUI accordingly. None of the other Crossfader Channel Assign buttons work. If I click these same buttons in the GUI, the lights on the pad change accordingly. It seems like there's a slight bug in the mapping here.

Other than that, all the controls seem to work correctly in VDJ8.

Is this a bug in the VDJ8 mapping? Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas for a solution?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 1:32 am
The reason this happens is that you need to press SHIFT on the "correct" deck.
Therefore, in order to switch CH4 on you need to toggle the right side of the controller to deck 4, hold down SHIFT and then press the CH4 button.

I will check if for those buttons the mapping can be tweaked to avoid having to switch decks in order to access the feature.

As for the SHIFT it's required in order to avoid accidental clicks of the buttons since they are very near to the crossfader and thus very easy to hit by mistake.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 12:01 pm
Thank you for your reply. I went to check this.

In Virtual DJ 8:

When I hold down the left shift, I can use the Channel 1 button on both sides of the pad. This works. None of the other channels work (2,3,4).
When I hold down the right shift, I can use the channel 2 button on both sides of the pad. This works. None of the other channels work (1,3,4).
No matter what I do, I can never make the Channel 3 and Channel 4 buttons work.

This is odd. I wonder if anyone else has this issue or it's just me.

In Virtual DJ 7:
When I hold down the left shift, I can toggle channels 1,2,3,4, but only with the left buttons.
When I hold down the right shift, I can't toggle any of the buttons at the moment. That's really odd. I know it wasn't that way before. I know that I could toggle the right channel selector buttons with the right shift. I'll have to reboot and try again.

FYI, I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and Virtual DJ 8.2 b3523.

Thanks for your help. I'll try some more testing.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 11:18 pm
I did some more checking.

When I bought my Gemini G4V, it came with a copy of Virtual DJ LE. I installed it. It asked me to go online for an update. I registered it and go the update. So now I am running Virtual DJ LE 7.4.7 LE G4V (b508).

When I hold down the left shift, I can use all 4 Crossfader Channel Selector buttons on the left successfully and none on the right.
When I hold down the right shift, I can use all 4 Crossfader Channel Selector buttons on the right successfully and none on the left.
This appears to be the intended behavior. It appears that this is working properly.

I would like to buy the upgrade to VDJ 8. I'm running the trial with the free 30 day license for my controller. This is where the issue is.

Thanks for looking into it. :)

Posted Sat 21 Jan 17 @ 4:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)