Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue loops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Barrow1Home userMember since 2017
When jumping to a cue point, it jumps as you hit the key. Can it be synchronised so it waits for the start of the next bar, to make it seamless?

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 2:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
action_deck 1 ? repeat_start_instant "ISBGP" 33ms & deck 2 param_bigger get_beat_bar 0.026 ? deck 1 hot_cue 1 & repeat_stop "ISBGP" : deck 2 param_smaller get_beat_bar 0.974 ? deck 1 hot_cue 1 & repeat_stop "ISBGP" : nothing : repeat_start_instant "ISBGP" 33ms & deck 1 param_bigger get_beat_bar 0.026 ? deck 2 hot_cue 1 & repeat_stop "ISBGP" : deck 1 param_smaller get_beat_bar 0.974 ? deck 2 hot_cue 1 & repeat_stop "ISBGP" : nothing

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 4:44 pm
@3*X-rated, can you have a try of this, change hot_cue 1 [4 instances] to play, see if it will suit remix decks.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 4:51 pm
Sorry, very new to this stuff. Could you give a bit more detail please? Many thanks...

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 5:14 pm
Barrow1 wrote :
When jumping to a cue point, it jumps as you hit the key. Can it be synchronised so it waits for the start of the next bar, to make it seamless?

Just enable "smart_cue" option and then use your hotcue buttons.
The jumps between hotcues will follow the track's grid.

PS: By default the jumps between hotcues are quantized to 1 beat when you use the "smart_cue" option.
You can change that by changing the "globalQuantize" option on VirtualDj settings. Therefore you can set it to quantize to half beat, or even to a quarter of a beat

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 9:34 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Barrow1 wrote :
waits for the start of the next bar,

Or (I believe) to 4 if you really want to wait for the next bar (if it is a 4/4 track)

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 10:33 am
Quantize doesn't wait to start though, quantize might do what the user wants. Although I can see
A quantized delayed start opens up options.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 10:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Quantize not, but the SmartCue does wait.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 10:58 am
Does it,? I thought it just matched phase, I'll have to test, how about whilst playing?

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 11:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It doesn't wait, it just jumps immediately, but quantized (so a little before the cue point if you press too early)

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 11:39 am
Thanks for the replies. Have enabled as per instructions and is certainly better than it was.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)