Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon mc7000 - glitch/pop sound when touching jog platter - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
denon mc7000 - right jogwheel problem

It happens only on right platter, when i'm using virtual dj 8.2 (on serato it's not happening) when play is on and the right hand touch the platter to hold the song or when i try to scratch, there is randomly a very short glitch-like pop sound - an affect like my hand would touch-release-touch again the platter but with a distinct pop. all happens every few-several seconds no matter if i try to move or just hold still the platter. it only happens on the right jogwheel, and only when just the one hand touch the platter - when i touch the front metal panel of the controller with the same hand for example with mu thumb, and the platter with my other fingers it doesn't happen, and the same way, when i touch the platter with one hand, and the front metal panel with the other hand it doesnt happen either.

i've tested it with two different computers, on windows 8.2 with different asio drivers, different buffer, or sampling size, different electricity sources and different usb cables. is my unit faulty or is it a software problem?

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 6:40 pm
sounds like the touch sensitivity needs adjusting .. if it has that adjustment

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 7:10 pm
djxhalx wrote :
with different asio drivers

What do you mean? There is only one ASIO driver for the product - the one it was supplied with.

As the MC7000 is so new, I doubt very much whether more than one driver version/update has been released yet. The one on denondj.com is v1.0.4

If you're referring to ASIO4ALL well that is not an ASIO driver, and is not required because the MC7000 has its own real ASIO driver (see above).

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 9:12 pm
I used both with the same result :(

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 1:57 am
The problem is the glitch not the drivers whatsoever

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 2:25 am
maybe this works on the 7000?

The platters on my MCX8000 aren’t very responsive when scratching, how can I improve this?

The MCX8000 has a setting that allows you to configure the platter sensitivity to your liking. To adjust the platter sensitivity on the MCX8000 open the Utility Menu by holding the VIEW button for 2 seconds. Once the Utility Menu opens, use the SELECT knob to scroll to the setting titled “Platter Sensitivity.” Here you can adjust the sensitivity of both Left and Right platters to your liking. The greater the number the more responsive the platter will act when scratching.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 10:58 am
djxhalx wrote :
I used both with the same result :(

I guess there's a language barrier here. If you have two drivers, what are they? Where are they from?

One is the Denon driver (the correct one). What is the other one?

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 12:16 pm
I use asio4all drivers, even if they are not technically asio. Low latency and response time + fluid skin and waveforms reproduction (constant 60fps). But to test the issue, I've used original 1.0.4. denon drivers with the same result in right platter glitch/pop sounds when holding the running song. Using Serato, there is no such problem whatsoever.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 12:37 pm
We got there in the end! I would suggest uninstalling ASIO4ALL and using the normal Windows driver (wasapi) - which is what ASIO4ALL is actually using anyway.

It just piggybacks onto the Windows driver to fool software (and people!) into thinking there's an ASIO driver installed. Obviously when you actually do have a real ASIO driver, this is not necessary. VDJ software is not restricted to using only ASIO.

The glitching is hard to solve. If it was a hardware problem, I would expect it to happen regardless of the software used. If it was the software (VDJ) then I would expect it to happen on both platters.

Because VDJ supports so much hardware, there are many audio settings which could possibly affect things. Things like exclusiveAudioAccess, sampleRate, ultraLatency.....

What are your current audio settings (from the config list)?

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 1:01 pm
asio4all, kernel buffer 4, no audio exclusive access, 44100 samplerate, 64 latency, ultralatency on, pitchquality2, scratchquality 8, soundpriorityloading normal

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 2:59 pm
But as I said, it's not the glitch per se - it's like the song is running from my hand in glitchlike manner, while it should stay still under the hand that is holding the jog platter. And the curious thing is that when i touch the metal front panel this is not happening. It's like the platter is not grounded properly or something? Still, why then it's not occuring on the left jog in VDJ, or completly not happening on SeratoDj?

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 3:04 pm
Remove ASIO4ALL (you don't need it because you have a real ASIO driver from Denon), use the Denon driver, turn on exclusive access (it's how ASIO is intended to be run), increase latency (64 is really low if that's the buffer size), try turning ultraLatency off.

You're saying it's not a glitch (short pop/crack sound) but the track is moving under the platter when it should stay still. So that would suggest it's the platter sensitivity settings, as wickedmix said earlier.

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 4:52 pm
I don't think that there is such thing as Utility Menu in Denon mc7000 - or if it is, is there a way to set it up?

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 6:37 pm
update: on the left platter it happens too, but not as frequent as on the right jog

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 10:17 pm
JogSensitivetyScratch default is 1 if its not try that to begin with

if not check in the driver control panel for an adjustment

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 11:14 pm
I've just tried to modify jogsensitivityscratch (from 0.1 to 5.0), with no good results. I'm 100% sure that it's not my hand shaking as it jumps forward in hundredth fraction of a second with a distinct pop no matter if i hold the platter still, try to scratch or slowly rewind the playing track. Still, my main question is, why it's not happening if i touch the front metal panel with my other hand? It's like the VDJ's calibration is off? It happens on the right jog very frequently and on the left once every several seconds. On SeratoDj, no such problem - got my hands sore holding those songs still for them to move.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 8:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Assign a Custom Button on the skin as ... deck right touchwheel_touch
Ideally, the button should be turned on when the right platter is held and off when not. See if the button temporary turns off when u hold the platter or scratch.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 8:34 am
Mostly it is turned on when it happens, but sometimes it blinks like it's loosing the signal from my hand.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 10:27 am
So there's an update - on SeratoDJ you can also hear the glitch/pop sound but without the moving scratchwave. Is there any MC7000 user here who can check if their unit behavior is the same?

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 4:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I cannot reproduce any issue/glitch on my MC7000 here and tried hard to.
My guess is indeed a grounding /hardware issue, so better contact Denon support and ask for a replacement unit.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 4:21 pm
71%