Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: no control of crossfader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using VDJ since version 5 and satisfied. I have had a few hicups but mainly my fault and the support here is the reason I paid instead of a pirated version. Support has been awesome. I mainly use for Karaoke and mix my karaoke songs, when I can , just like regular music. I am trying to get used to the version 8.2 and I'm having a couple issues. I 'm not using an external controller, instead I'm using keyboard short cuts with pretty good success.

My questions : 1 - I have been having issues with the sound set up. I have been using the simplest set up , coming from the headphone jack ... but now something is not right. Please share my set up when I want to use speakers (while listening at home) and then once I'm set up at show. I want to plug in headphone jack and go to soundboard. thank you

question 2 - I have lost all control of my crossfader... pulling from one side to the other does nothing.

thank you for your assistance with this and I hope to be using very soon.
Michael

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 9:51 pm
Please share your settings; maybe you disabled the CF (CrossfaderDisable = Yes)?

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 10:13 pm
crossfader is enabled.
it's working now... It must have something to do with sound set up. I now have it set to Speakers ONLY , Internal Soundcard,
Master - Headphones - channel 1 & 2.

Yet when I plug in the head phones the music is still coming from the speakers and not in the headphone. but the headphones are active as to all other programs . I then went into the settings in VDJ and clicked Apply and it now comes through headphones like it should. Why do I have to mess with settings in VDJ , Why does it not pick up the headphones being plugged in. Does it have something to do with the settings in my Audio ... Should I set to Speaker and Headphones, Internal soundcard???

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 11:35 pm
update, Now when I unplug the headphones (which were working ) the program freezes. Wonderful...

Posted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 12:02 am
I plug the headphones back in and Wa La .... the program frees up and unfreezes, now working...

Posted Thu 22 Dec 16 @ 12:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)