Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Startup of Plugins is taking a long time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good day folks
been having this message in sys tray before VDJ starts.
Removed all unnecessary plugins, pad pages etc, still....
Minor issue tho

Posted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 5:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you have any Effects in the /VirtualDJ/Plugins/AutoStart folder ?

Posted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 7:58 pm
karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I posted about this same issue and still don't know what's wrong. I think someone asked me the same question about the auto start folder but I did not know what that meant, or where that was located. In my case it started after someone informed me how to get milkdrop which was a plug in I wanted to run visuals when not playing videos, but I don't know how to stop the message regarding long plugin load time. Maybe I'll get a clue from responses to your question, as well... Good luck.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 11:07 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011

look here

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 1:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It may be AutoStart plugins, but it may also be any other plugin that is selected in the software that is loaded during startup.
If vdj still starts, perhaps it is just milkdrop that is taking a while to load on your pc, but not necessarily something to worry about.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 4:30 am
I also often get this issue specilly when:

- heavy network and/or CPU load
- slow internet connexion
- milkdrop is selected as default audio only plugin
- heavy hdd activity (i.e. windows update, cloud sync, backup...)
- hearly start of virtualdj (before some delayed service are started)
- some driver taking a long time

Most of the time any next run of virtualdj will not require extra drivers setup and the notification does not show again

Note the plugin named milkdrop take really a long time to start at first, enough to raise the notification. Maybe other plugins can take a long time to register for some reasons too.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 2:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I was actually able to replicate a long milkdrop startup earlier; I think I've managed to resolve it, so once finished and fully tested I will release an updated version of the plugin.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 2:49 am
Yup my windows machine was doing that and it was indeed milkdrop on mine as well

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 6:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)