Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark N4 help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted in wrong version sorry

Been using my controller fine tonight and it's stopped doing what it normally does.

i usually have to press the "Effect" button once to turn it on but now i have to hold shift.

Same thing goes for the loop, press "loop out" once to show it on the waveform and hold shift and loop out to extend, loop out to end it, now it's the other way round.

When i do have a loop playing the jog wheel would usually move the track forward now it moves the loop, not what i need at all.

i've tried resetting the default mapping on the settings and it hasn't changed, can anyone tell me what i've done?

Thanks

Posted Sat 10 Dec 16 @ 11:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Something has turned the shift action on, and from that moment when holding SHIFT button down, turns shift on and when button released it turns it off (toggles).
In theory, the shift is controller dependent so its very unlikely to be turned on/off from any other controller or even the skin.

One case i can think off is to have the SHIFT down when switching (left/right) decks. In that case, the SHIFT on the previous deck can remain on. Did you have any shift action assigned to the LAYER buttons on your custom mapping ?

Anyways, you can try to assign the SHIFT button as ..
down ? shift on : shift off
and see if that helps

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)