Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: video delay setting...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The video delay can have a positive number or negative number so I'm theorising this could be used to slow down the video or speed up to help match the lip-sync etc.

I would like to map a slider to this or even a spare jog wheel so I can adjust the video delay on the fly to help match whats on screen to the audio.
ive so far created a custom slider with VIDEO_DELAY but it dosent seem to have much if any effect on the lipsync.

Any thoughts on this anyone??

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:09 am
for example, one video I have needs a setting in the menus of -2300.000000 miliseconds to look anywhere near sync'd. how can I do this from a slider please?

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:21 am
marksmolinski wrote :
for example, one video I have needs a setting in the menus of -2300.000000 miliseconds to look anywhere near sync'd. how can I do this from a slider please?

This setting is global so will affect ALL video output until I reset it back to zero !!!!

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:22 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yep perhaps videoDelay should be ignored by a track if changed when loaded and then a [new script] deck x videoDelay_sync command to call it

A jog would be better than a dial. [dial is a fixed range]

I tried a couple of ways but it's getting the setting to accept a var as a param that is a problem
neither work

param_bigger 0 ? set "$vidDel" '`get_var "$vidDel" & param_add 0.1`' & get_var "$vidDel" & param_cast "text" & setting "videoDelay" : nothing

param_bigger 0 ? set "$vidDel" '`get_var "$vidDel" & param_add 0.1`' & setting "videoDelay" "`get_var '$vidDel'`" : nothing

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:45 am
As a temporary work around in this particular video I set a poi to put the delay in when triggered and another poi at the end to unset the delay.
This could be flawed if I forget this and stop the track some way through though.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 3:26 am
Can you post that video? The sync should be automatic and could point to a bug.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 2:34 pm
will send anyone a link if you need it like the DEVS (but not giving everyone the link.. lol)
Don ive sent u an PM on here..

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 7:40 pm
The file is about 2.5 seconds out of sync. I believe it is a decoding issue in some decoding libraries since some players have no problem with it. When the file decodes I am seeing some weirdness in the first couple packets. It is an odd case for sure. Even when it plays correctly, the reported duration for the audio and video are the same, but there is a 2.5 second delay which does not make sense, since that would indicate a difference in the 2 durations. Apparently this is at least partially fixed in some decoders since a work around for it not straight forward. For example, using my own tools I can seek past 2.5 seconds and it is correct and in sync. Also I cannot artificially add this delay in since that will not work either. There is another way to get it right but that is a bit iffy.

I have not seen another file like this one and I have a large collection of files that are not quite right. It may be that it is a balance of a slightly bad file and a decoding issue. Let us know if you come across another one like this. The file was encoded by nandub.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 2:58 pm
maybe it can be fixed if it gets re-encoded?

Posted Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)